Discuss technical content and implementation of the Exchange and Outlook protocols described in the Open Specifications
Microsoft Exchange RPC Extractor (RPX) version 1.0 is available for download
The Microsoft Exchange RPC Extractor (RPX) is a command-line tool that can parse network captures and interpret remote procedure calls made from a client to Microsoft Exchange . RPX uses the information provided in the Microsoft Exchange protocol documentation to parse RPCs, remote operations (ROPs), and the parameters for each ROP.
Download is available at the Microsoft Download Center found here.
Exchange Server Protocol Test Suites Release -- November 2012
The Office Interoperability team is pleased to announce the release of the Exchange Server Protocol Test Suites. The test suites are designed in a client-to-server relationship and were originally developed for the in-house testing of the Microsoft Open Specifications. The test suites have been used extensively during Plugfests and Interoperability Labs to test partner implementations and are now available on MSConnect for public download. Test suites test the server-side implementation of the Open Specification protocol, as specified in Open Specification documentation, by acting as a synthetic client.
Currently the Exchange Server Protocol Test Suites support the ten RPC based Exchange protocols listed in the table below. Want to learn more about the Test Suites? You can watch a video from one of our recent events that provides an overview of what is included in the test suite package. As always, if you have any questions or issues please reach out to the support team in this forum or through Email at dochelp (at) microsoft (dot) com.
The Test Suites are openly available (with Microsoft account) on MSConnect and are contained within the “Microsoft Open Specifications Test Tools” program. All you need to do is to simply "join" the program and go to the downloads page to get access.
MSDN Exchange Server Protocols Release Notes — February 2013
MSDN Exchange Server Protocols Release Notes — February 2013
Exchange Server Protocol Documents links:
Exchange Server and Outlook Standards links:
- Full documentation set (ZIP): Microsoft Exchange Server and Outlook Standards Documentation
- Summary of changes (PDF): [MS-STANOXCHGTR]
Information for Exchange 2013 and Outlook 2013
For the October 2012 refresh, the Exchange Server Protocols documents were updated to include applicability and implementation details for Exchange 2013 and Outlook 2013. For information about differences between versions, see the behavior notes that are included in the Product Behavior appendix of each document.
Information for other Microsoft products
For the October 2012 refresh, the appropriate documents were updated to include applicability and implementation details for Microsoft® Lync®, Microsoft® SharePoint® Products and Technologies, Windows®, Windows® Communication Apps, and Windows Server®. For information about differences between versions, see the behavior notes that are included in the Product Behavior appendix of each document.
Title changes for all documents that are about Exchange ActiveSync and in the documentation set
The prefix “Exchange ActiveSync” was added to the title of each document that specifies an Exchange ActiveSync protocol. The new titles better reflect that Exchange ActiveSync is the applicable technology for those documents.
The following document was removed from the documentation set and added to the Exchange Server Protocols archive:
- [MS-OXWSAUTID]: Authentication Identification Extension. This extension was implemented but never used by any applicable products.
The following known issues exist in the February 2013 release:
- Underscore characters are not always visible in code in the PDF files depending on the magnification selected by the user. Those characters are present in printed versions.
- Information in a table row may split across two pages.
- Table borders are not always visible depending upon the magnification selected by the user. Borders are present in printed versions of the PDF.
- Cross-protocol links are only functional when the PDF files for the protocols are in the same folder.
- For optimal readability of the PDF documents, we recommend that they be opened and viewed by using Adobe Reader 10.0.
- Links in the PDFs do not resolve in Adobe Reader 9 because Adobe has changed the
default setting for view mode in Adobe Reader 9.
To access links, perform the following procedure:
- In Adobe Reader 9, go to the Edit menu and click Preferences.
- In the Categories list, click Documents.
- Under PDF/A View Mode, change the selection from Only for PDF/A documents to Never, and click OK.
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Documentation
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Protocol Documentation
The Microsoft Exchange Server protocols documentation provides detailed technical specifications for Microsoft proprietary protocols (including extensions to industry-standard or other published protocols) used by Microsoft Exchange Server to communicate with other Microsoft products.
Click here to go to the download page for the Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 protocol documentation PDF files.
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Standards Documentation
The Exchange Server Standards Documents describe Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 support for industry messaging standards and Requests for Comments (RFCs) related to iCalendar, IMAP4, and POP3.
Click here to go to the download page for the Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Standards Documentation PDF files.
Filtrado y ordenUse estas opciones para limitar la lista de discusiones.
- 03446Alex MorrillMicrosoft Employeejueves, 15 de diciembre de 2011 18:38
- 07514Alex MorrillMicrosoft Employeejueves, 09 de septiembre de 2010 22:26
- 120Steve Cheung hace 5 horas 24 minutos
- 81063NielsS lunes, 07 de enero de 2013 8:55
- 150AnandhiGanesh jueves, 16 de mayo de 2013 7:43
- 292pankaj.k jueves, 09 de mayo de 2013 16:11
- 5139Cosmo Kramer miércoles, 01 de mayo de 2013 14:56
- 2112ManishJaswal martes, 07 de mayo de 2013 11:46
- 10285Haetti miércoles, 03 de abril de 2013 15:23
- 182Dhiren-Patel martes, 30 de abril de 2013 7:11
- 1102Goutham1 lunes, 29 de abril de 2013 23:34
- 8249Péter Réfi jueves, 04 de abril de 2013 8:21
- 2113SomnathPanja martes, 23 de abril de 2013 8:52
- 134155Sameers Javed viernes, 01 de julio de 2011 6:11
- 191krunal89 martes, 23 de abril de 2013 15:46
- 199krunal89 martes, 23 de abril de 2013 15:20
- 1115rmgs123 lunes, 22 de abril de 2013 5:32
- 1107SomnathPanja martes, 16 de abril de 2013 9:15
- 0113wlai lunes, 15 de abril de 2013 21:43
- 4491Sagar T U jueves, 21 de febrero de 2013 6:29
- 7563Steven_Ng miércoles, 06 de marzo de 2013 10:09
- 5515rkarr martes, 19 de febrero de 2013 16:15