RIG Setup configuration - Agent Machine in "Disconnected" Status.

Pregunta

• Hi,

Im using VSTS controller agent setup to run a load test of a Web Application. I have 3 machines configured for this RIG setup.

My machine (MACHINE 1) is configured as one Controller. Apart from my machine, I have another controller machine (MACHINE 2) and one Agent machine (MACHINE 3).

I'm giving the control from my machine (MACHINE 1) to another controller machine (MACHINE 2) where the agent machine (MACHINE 3) is been added. I can see the agent machine and the controller machine added to my controller machine.

The problem is that, the agent machine in the "Agent Pane" through visual studio "Manage Test Controller" menu in DISCONNECTED. How can I make it to "Online" so that I can run the load test.

Thanks In Advance.,

jueves, 01 de marzo de 2012 9:27

Respuestas

• Hi Udhay,

As Tim and my suggestions, if you make sure this issue is not related to your agent service, the network or the firewall. I suggest you can try to narrow it down one step by one step with the link provided by Tim in the first reply.

In addition, if possible, make your two machines have the Licensed Version, and check it. I’m afraid it can impact the running.

Have a nice day,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marcado como respuesta Udhay S miércoles, 14 de marzo de 2012 9:50
    martes, 06 de marzo de 2012 3:03
  • Hi Jack,

I got my problem cleared but not by myself. The onsite team had configured the RIG Setup with the VS licensed version. So the problem I faced might be because of the License. The other problem which I found is that when I tried to use the port number I didn't checked the port is opened is closed or not. Later once I got this, I tried to connect a server machine through the port number using keyword Telnet Myserver portnumber which I got using "netstat" command.  I wasn't able to connect with that port number. So these are issues that I got stuck with when I tried to configured the RIG setup.

Thanks for your support in solving the issue.

Udhaya S.

miércoles, 14 de marzo de 2012 10:00

Todas las respuestas

•  Ensure the services realted to agent and controlelr are running in the agent and controller machines.   Here are a couple more linlks that may help:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vstswebtest/thread/028dcc37-924a-4b2e-a7b1-376155eda898

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vststest/thread/df043823-ffcf-46a4-9e47-1c4b8854ca13

Tim

jueves, 01 de marzo de 2012 15:14
  • Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply. The Test Controller service is running in the controller machine. But I cant see service for the Test Agent in my Agent Machine. I have Test Agent configuration are all working fine, but I cant see the service for Test Agent in the Agent Machine. What might be the issue?

viernes, 02 de marzo de 2012 6:14
  • Hi Udhay,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

If you are able to connect to the controller but find that one or more of the agent machines shows a status of Disconnected, you're once again probably dealing with either the agent service being down or with network connectivity or firewall problems between the controller and the agent machine. 

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]

viernes, 02 de marzo de 2012 9:45
  • Page 164 of the quick reference guide has detailed port/copnnection information.  To echo Jack - check network connectivity (ping the agent machine) and check the firewall and make sure port 6910 is open.

http://vsptqrg.codeplex.com/releases/view/42484

Tim

viernes, 02 de marzo de 2012 10:33
  • Hi Jack,

Thanks for your Reply. 

As per your reply, I have checked the network connectivity. I can ping between both the machines. The Firewall on both the machines are in OFF status. 

I have checked the port connection using Telnet and the result was that port was opened.

My doubt is that, does this Automation through RIG setup needs VS 2010 Ultimate version - Licensed . I have one Licensed version for controller machine. Is it required that both the machines should have the Licensed Version?

lunes, 05 de marzo de 2012 7:22
  • Hi Udhay,

As Tim and my suggestions, if you make sure this issue is not related to your agent service, the network or the firewall. I suggest you can try to narrow it down one step by one step with the link provided by Tim in the first reply.

In addition, if possible, make your two machines have the Licensed Version, and check it. I’m afraid it can impact the running.

Have a nice day,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]

• Marcado como respuesta Udhay S miércoles, 14 de marzo de 2012 9:50
    martes, 06 de marzo de 2012 3:03
  • Hi Jack & Tim,

Thanks for your reply. Now I have got pretty good idea about the RIG Setup configuration.

Thanks,

Udhay.

miércoles, 07 de marzo de 2012 7:16
  • Hi Udhay,

If there are some replies helping you to resolve your problem, you could mark the answer then I will close this thread, if not please post the latest situation of this issue. Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]

miércoles, 07 de marzo de 2012 8:53
  • Hi Jack,

The problem has not been solved yet. I had requested for another VS 2010 License version. Once I got that, I have to check the configuration. Even after that the problem occurs I have to recreate a thread. 

Thanks for your assistance Jack. I will mark it as answer once I'm done with this setup configuration without any issues.

Thanks,

Udhay.

miércoles, 07 de marzo de 2012 11:35
  • We look forward to hearing from you. 

Have a nice day,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]

jueves, 08 de marzo de 2012 1:54
  • Hi Jack,

I got my problem cleared but not by myself. The onsite team had configured the RIG Setup with the VS licensed version. So the problem I faced might be because of the License. The other problem which I found is that when I tried to use the port number I didn't checked the port is opened is closed or not. Later once I got this, I tried to connect a server machine through the port number using keyword Telnet Myserver portnumber which I got using "netstat" command.  I wasn't able to connect with that port number. So these are issues that I got stuck with when I tried to configured the RIG setup.

Thanks for your support in solving the issue.

Udhaya S.

miércoles, 14 de marzo de 2012 10:00
  • My pleasure! J

Have a nice day,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]

miércoles, 14 de marzo de 2012 10:04