Discuss and provide feedback on Code Contracts.
It has happened. New VS2010 and VS2012 Contract editor extensions are available on the gallery
It has taken a long time, we know, but we have finally released the contract editor extensions for VS2012 and an update to VS2010.
The new version is much more stable and less CPU consuming than previously and hopefully much more useful as a result.
If you haven't tried it yet, then please do and let us know what you think!
To review, the extensions should show you method contracts in the following situations:
- While you are typing a call to a method: the signature helper window should show you each overload's contract in the same window as the signature and exception information.
- Hovering over an existing method call: the quick info window should show you the method's contract in addition to its summary information.
- Method override and interface implementation definitions: hover over the method name in the signature to see the tooltip of the contracts inherited (or defined in the method).
- Metadata windows: if you "go to definition" for a type/method that is defined in an external assembly then the metadata window that VS creates should be augmented with method contracts.
Release 1.5.60502.11 is now live!Manuel FahndrichMicrosoft Employeedomingo, 17 de marzo de 2013 23:17
Welcome to Code Contracts for .NETWe are so happy that you are interested in Code Contracts! You are at exactly the right place for learning how to use contracts from any .NET language to:
- Specify method preconditions for expressing conditions that a caller must meet in order to call a method.
- Specify method postconditions for expressing conditions that the implementation of a method must meet before returning. Conditions can be specified for both normal termination as well as exceptional termination.
- Specify object invariants that describe the healthy states for an instance of a class.
We currently provide three tools for making use of contracts:
- A binary rewriter that operates as a post-build step to inject the contracts into the appropriate places for them to be evaluated at runtime.
- A static checker that operates as a post-build step to analyze your code without even executing it for potential contract violations.
- A documentation generator that adds information about the contracts to the XML documentation files for your project.
We welcome you to use the forum to ask questions about how to use contracts and the tools, to make suggestions for how we can improve, and --- if you really must --- to report bugs and problems.
You can also check out our home page at Microsoft Research.
External projects using Code Contracts?
We have added a section to our web site listing the external projects that we know about which are using Code Contracts. If you would like your project listed, please send us a link and we'll add it to the list. This would really help us in our efforts to get the project more fully supported by the product groups.
Filtrado y ordenUse estas opciones para limitar la lista de discusiones.
- 367onurg jueves, 23 de mayo de 2013 11:49
- 131590Oren Novotny martes, 09 de octubre de 2012 22:36
- 053gallóglaigh jueves, 23 de mayo de 2013 16:48
Code Contracts 1.5.60502.11 generates unexpected error CC1011: This/Me cannot be used in Requires of a constructorVBA Derks miércoles, 08 de mayo de 2013 7:50
- 2134KrampDotNet viernes, 17 de mayo de 2013 14:03
- 276Josef Bláha lunes, 20 de mayo de 2013 12:17
- 44507nazareno.it sábado, 08 de mayo de 2010 6:45
- 135576winSharp93 martes, 12 de mayo de 2009 19:11
- 1116Melor viernes, 10 de mayo de 2013 11:47
- 7241Jesse Sweetland martes, 16 de abril de 2013 13:41
- 284alan.bradbury.0710 martes, 14 de mayo de 2013 20:24
- 2122Dave Sexton lunes, 06 de mayo de 2013 21:39
- 12270Jesse Sweetland martes, 16 de abril de 2013 18:54
- 491Danny Tuppeny _ NM miércoles, 08 de mayo de 2013 13:38
- 43632Sebastian Good viernes, 08 de abril de 2011 2:57
CC warnings cause build to *fail* when using MSBuild, even if CodeContractsFailBuildOnWarnings=falseDanTup jueves, 25 de abril de 2013 9:56
- 11209Jonnroc lunes, 29 de abril de 2013 15:41
- 2104Haithem Boujerida martes, 07 de mayo de 2013 17:09
- 3248Flusskrebs miércoles, 17 de abril de 2013 15:28
- 9156Danny Tuppeny _ NM jueves, 02 de mayo de 2013 15:31