none
New Windows Error Reporting giving issues

Pregunta

• Hi,

I have created a plugin (.dll) which will run under iexplore.exe

My .dll is code-signed using a Microsoft Authenticode Verisign certificate (Level-3), just before it gets packed into an msi which is also code-signed. Code signature step is performed as part of post-build process.

The .dll which gets created is also being mapped/published using the new MEME (Microsoft Ecosystem Metadata Exchange) tool.

All the crash reports which i can generate through my dll is getting reported to a bucket Id, as I can see under Internet Explorer problem reports.

BUT, all this being said and done, I can't see these crash reports under my company's report list.

Leave alone a dll, I can't even see a test exe which I created and code-signed using same cert, showing crash reports under my windows bucket.

I have tried to add as muh trite details in this mail as possible, just to make sure that we don't miss out on any piece of info, so please don't mind if some info seems redundant.

Does anybody think I am missing something here?

Thanks.

martes, 06 de marzo de 2012 9:07

Todas las respuestas

• Unfortunately I can't answer your question other than to say it doesn't look like you've missed anything.  I was going to post a similar question because I have been having what appears to be the same problem(s) with the new Winqual site.

A week ago I registered an update to our software using the MEME tool and it has yet to appear on the site.  I have no idea if the problem is mine, the MEME tool, WinQual site or something else I'm not aware of.  Previous versions of our software were successfully registered with WinQual using Microsoft product data mapping tool so we expected to get the same result with MEME.  Silly me.  And oddly none of our previously registered applications are visible anymore on the new site.  perhaps lost in the migration?  but regardless not seeing any of our previously registered applications doesn't give me a lot of confidence that the new site is working or at least working the way I expect.

It's very frustrating to have a working process for registering software and updates with the old WinQual broken by Microsoft's update to the website and tools. If not broken, at least changed so much that it's difficult to understand what the new process should be and verify that it is working.

All right, I am done venting...  

Dipthong

martes, 06 de marzo de 2012 20:55