viernes, 13 de julio de 2012 1:08
I'm having trouble getting the Async CTP to work. The installer quits unexpectedly about half way through.
In visual studio, the keywords are recognized (no squiglys and I have intellisense) but I receive a ton of weird syntax build errors when using the keywords (such as missing semi-colons and parenthesis').
I can confirm the following:
- I did not/do not have the silverlight SDK
- I had the following hotfixes installed, and uninstalled them:
I've attempted the following to fix:
- Uninstalled and reinstalled CTP 3 several times (with reboot)
- Uninstalled all mentioned hotfixes in other articles
Here are my file versions as mentioned in this article (though I did not install the 'refresh' so I'm not sure it applies - the version numbers are higher):
- csc.exe: 4.0.30319.517
- vbc.exe: 10.0.303.19.517
- msvbide.dll 10.0.40219.1
- AsyncCtpLibrary_Phone.dll (my samples folder is absent)
Here are the hotfixes I still have installed:
Uninstalling and reinstalling visual studio is not a solution I'm ready to accept, as my computer will just get setup from the same image that didn't work.
Any help is greatly appreciated it.
- Editado Vice Aversa viernes, 13 de julio de 2012 1:09 Fixed SS
Todas las respuestas
viernes, 13 de julio de 2012 18:50
I bit the bullet and went through the process of uninstalling everything.
I started with any remaining hotfixes and other visual studio updates (I left C++ hotfixes alone).
Then one by one, I uninstalled anything related to visual studio, including SP1, ASP.net MVC 2 and 3, and SQL tools. I don't think the order is going to matter here.
I reinstalled Visual Studio, then SP1 and finally Async CTP 3. The installer took a few minutes longer, got past the half-way mark and opened up the webpage found in my documents.
Hope this helps someone.
- Marcado como respuesta Vice Aversa viernes, 13 de julio de 2012 18:50
miércoles, 29 de agosto de 2012 11:53
This might help.
Jaliya Udagedara(MCPD) http://www.jaliyaudagedara.blogspot.com