TF218008 - A feature for SharePoint Products could not be activated for the team project site

Pregunta

• I have a fresh install of TFS 2010 and Sharepoint 2010. When I add a new Team Project in VS2010, I get to about the 90% mark and then I get this error. Someone please help as I have no idea what this error is about.

2011-04-28T16:49:38 | Module: WSS | Thread: 56 | Activating SharePoint Feature: 0d953ee4-b77d-485b-a43c-f5fbb9367207
    ---begin Exception entry---
    Time: 2011-04-28T16:49:39
    Module: WSS
    Exception Message: Server was unable to process request. ---> The following SharePoint Feature cannot be activated: TswaWebParts (ID: cce226d2-d7b9-44fb-b5be-a1ccf91cbd90). (type SoapException)
    Exception Stack Trace:  at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.SharePoint.SharePointTeamFoundationIntegrationService.HandleException(Exception e)
      at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.SharePoint.SharePointTeamFoundationIntegrationService.ActivateFeatureById(String webApplicationUrl, String absolutePath, Guid featureId)
      at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamFoundation.WssSiteCreator.HandleFeatureActivation(WssCreationContextWrapper contextWrapper, XmlNode features)

--- end Exception entry ---

2011-04-28T16:49:39 | Module: WSS | Thread: 56 | TF218008: A feature for SharePoint Products could not be activated for the team project site. The feature ID is :"0d953ee4-b77d-485b-a43c-f5fbb9367207". The SharePoint site is: "http://2k8amptfs/sites/DefaultCollections/Houdini".
    ---begin Exception entry---
    Time: 2011-04-28T16:49:39
    Module: Engine
    Event Description: TF30162: Task "SharePointPortal" from Group "Portal" failed
    Exception Type: Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.PcwException
    Exception Message: An error occurred in the New Team Project Wizard while attempting to activate a feature on the following SharePoint Web application: 2k8amptfs.
    Exception Details: The Project Creation Wizard encountered a problem while uploading documents to the following server running SharePoint Products: 2k8amptfs. The reason for the failure cannot be determined at this time. Because the operation failed, the wizard was not able to finish creating the team project.
    Stack Trace:
      at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamFoundation.WssSiteCreator.HandleFeatureActivation(WssCreationContextWrapper contextWrapper, XmlNode features)
      at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamFoundation.WssSiteCreator.Execute(ProjectCreationContext context, XmlNode taskXml)
      at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamFoundation.ProjectCreationEngine.TaskExecutor.PerformTask(IProjectComponentCreator componentCreator, ProjectCreationContext context, XmlNode taskXml)
      at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamFoundation.ProjectCreationEngine.RunTask(Object taskObj)
    --  Inner Exception  --
    Exception Message: Server was unable to process request. ---> The following SharePoint Feature cannot be activated: TswaWebParts (ID: cce226d2-d7b9-44fb-b5be-a1ccf91cbd90). (type SoapException)
    Exception Stack Trace:  at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.SharePoint.SharePointTeamFoundationIntegrationService.HandleException(Exception e)
      at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.SharePoint.SharePointTeamFoundationIntegrationService.ActivateFeatureById(String webApplicationUrl, String absolutePath, Guid featureId)

--- end Exception entry ---

2011-04-28T16:49:39 | Module: Engine | Thread: 56 | TF30202: Task "" from Group "" will not be run because a prior task failed.
    2011-04-28T16:49:39 | Module: Engine | Thread: 5 | Deleting from Build ...
    2011-04-28T16:49:39 | Module: Engine | Thread: 5 | Done

jueves, 28 de abril de 2011 4:52

Respuestas

• Ok found the solution! 

1. Go to the Sharepoint Central Admiistration / System Settings.

2. Under Farm Management select Manage Farm Solutions

3. You should see "tswebpartcollection.wsp". The status SHOULD be deployed. If not click on "tswebpartcollection.wsp" link and select 'Deploy Solution'.

Done.

The reason I got into this mess was that I had deleted the default web site and recreated a new sharepoint site on port 80 and for whatever reason this collection did not get deployed.

David Wong
    jueves, 28 de abril de 2011 21:30

Todas las respuestas

• Ok found the solution! 

1. Go to the Sharepoint Central Admiistration / System Settings.

2. Under Farm Management select Manage Farm Solutions

3. You should see "tswebpartcollection.wsp". The status SHOULD be deployed. If not click on "tswebpartcollection.wsp" link and select 'Deploy Solution'.

Done.

The reason I got into this mess was that I had deleted the default web site and recreated a new sharepoint site on port 80 and for whatever reason this collection did not get deployed.

David Wong
    jueves, 28 de abril de 2011 21:30
  • Hi David,

Thanks for your post.

And thank you for sharing your experience here. It will be very beneficial for other community members having the similar questions.

All your participation and support are very important to build such harmonious/ pleasant / learning environment for MSDN community.

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

viernes, 29 de abril de 2011 0:48
  • Yes, thank you David!

I ran into this today because I had deleted and recreated the default web site and ran into that TswaWebParts error in this thread.

Richard Hundhausen President, Accentient Microsoft Regional Director | Visual Studio ALM MVP Office (877) 710.0841 | Direct (208) 283.6674 | www.accentient.com

domingo, 11 de marzo de 2012 18:13
  • If you're using only WSS 3.0, or not in a farm then you won't have a "System Settings" area.
    Instead go to Operations Tab.
    Click on Solution Managment
    Ensure tswawebpartcollection.wsp is Deployed. If not, click on it and then deploy it.

Then, go to Application Mgmt tab.
    Click on Manage "Web application features"
    Activate any TFS items that are not active.

Not sure how this solution ever became undeployed on its own, but this fixed it for me.

• Propuesto como respuesta russweb jueves, 19 de julio de 2012 20:10
    • Editado russweb viernes, 16 de noviembre de 2012 15:36
    jueves, 19 de julio de 2012 20:10
  • Thanks russweb, I fought with this for quite a while before your solution saved the day!

Frederick Von Stubenstein

viernes, 16 de noviembre de 2012 15:04