none
Foxuser.fpt

Pregunta

• Hi,

Can anyone tell me if foxuser.fpt is needed?  Can I just set resource off, or do I need it?  It seems to present a problem.

Thanks

Alan O

viernes, 27 de enero de 2012 22:29

Respuestas

• First, FoxUser.FPT is one a set with FoxUser.DBF. You need both to use them.

In the IDE, working with RESOURCE OFF gets annoying pretty fast as windows don't stay where you put them and your various settings are forgotten. For a distributed application, though, you can usually put RESOURCE=OFF in the Config.FPW file.

Tamar

• Propuesto como respuesta Tom BorgmannEditor sábado, 28 de enero de 2012 9:49
    • Marcado como respuesta ostrowlaw lunes, 30 de enero de 2012 14:07
    sábado, 28 de enero de 2012 1:14
    Usuario que responde

Todas las respuestas

• The resource file is not required. It stores things such as report window location, predefined browse window information and others. You can check the help file for more info but a resource file is not required.

HTH

Mike z
    sábado, 28 de enero de 2012 0:33
  • First, FoxUser.FPT is one a set with FoxUser.DBF. You need both to use them.

In the IDE, working with RESOURCE OFF gets annoying pretty fast as windows don't stay where you put them and your various settings are forgotten. For a distributed application, though, you can usually put RESOURCE=OFF in the Config.FPW file.

Tamar

• Propuesto como respuesta Tom BorgmannEditor sábado, 28 de enero de 2012 9:49
    • Marcado como respuesta ostrowlaw lunes, 30 de enero de 2012 14:07
    sábado, 28 de enero de 2012 1:14
    Usuario que responde
  • I personally have never needed foxuser.fpt and its brother foxuser.dbf. I wish there was a way it would not return to your program folder after you chose to delete them. This simple error 'Resource file is not valid. Overwrite it with a new empty one' is a nuisance and a technical support headache to clients that use your VFP apps.
    domingo, 29 de enero de 2012 2:22
  • Andrew,

Make sure everyone has read/write access to the file (folder), if running terminal server, you may want to set resource off. Otherwise, the issue may be that you are running apps having different versions of Foxpro. Whenever you swap apps, the resource file wants to be recreated for that version of Foxpro. Try  to fix the issue by specifing the resource file for your clients inside your config.fpw file by assigning 'resource = c:\myapp\myapp.dbf' (without quotes and remove the "resource = off" command). The resource file is nice in that whenever a client runs a report to the screen, it will open up full screen instead of having to click on the maximize button every single time a report is run. That is also a nuisance. Try resolving the issue first. Also, as Tamar suggests, you want to leave the resource on in your develpment environment. Remember, the resource file is there for a purpose.

HTH

Mike z
    domingo, 29 de enero de 2012 15:58
  • Thanks for your usual help.  OK, I guess that trade-off just isn't worth it.

Regards,

AlanO

lunes, 30 de enero de 2012 14:18
  • Simple solution. Just remove the foxuser.dbf and foxuser.fpt. System will create a new one.
    lunes, 17 de diciembre de 2012 13:01