How do I suppress LNK4099 warning on format.pdb

Pregunta

• I'm trying to fix/suppress warning messages coming from VS2010 when compiling a profiler for he CLR.  The linker complains:

warning LNK4099: PDB 'format.pdb' was not found with 'format.lib(format.obj)' or at ...

How do I suppress this message in particular?

Why isn't format.pdb shipped with format.obj? (It implements functions to manipulate the CLR IL, such as SectEH_EHClause)

viernes, 10 de febrero de 2012 18:31

Respuestas

Todas las respuestas

• Marcado como respuesta Paul Zhou jueves, 23 de febrero de 2012 9:39
    domingo, 12 de febrero de 2012 15:50
  • Am I to understand that Microsoft recommends that developers ignore linker warnings?

I am willing to go through quite a bit of effort to suppress a linker warning that I can't fix because as soon as you have one linker warning that is always present people start ignoring them all.  This gets compounded when you have many projects all with the same linker warning that can't be fixed or suppressed because on a full rebuild you end up with a large list of warnings and people don't go through and actually look at them.

Can you please provide/suggest a workaround that would allow us (developers) to do something that makes such warnings go away?  Perhaps some way to generate a fake PDB file for format.lib (assuming Microsoft won't give us a real one) or give us information on how to actually suppress it in the IDE?

I am on Windows 8 using Visual Studio 2012 and building a CLR profiler that links to format.pdb.

viernes, 30 de noviembre de 2012 20:47