none
"A copy of this document is stored in a document Workspace. Do you want to be able to update this workspace copy with the changes you make to your copy?"

Pregunta

• Users ( Word 2007 ) are seeing the following message when they click and open documents in SharePoint 2010

"A copy of this document is stored in a document Workspace. Do you want to be able to update this workspace copy with the changes you make to your copy?"

I get this message when I select to open a document that is "linked" . i.e. has been copied to the location using "send to -> other location"

regardless of whether I select "yes" or "no" in response to the message the original source document does not get updated.

the users are complaining about this message appearing.

on the positive side - if the users receive the message they'll know that the document they have opened is a copy of another document in another location ( which they can browse to from within the properties GUI )

on the negative side - the "Do you want to be able to update this workspace copy with the changes you make to your copy? Yes, No"  is confusing.

Can anyone explain why this is happening and also if there is anything that can be done to hide this message ?

regards,

Colm

SharePoint Farmer in training
    jueves, 24 de noviembre de 2011 13:20

Todas las respuestas

• Hi,

This might be related to the settings in Office 2007:

A copy of this document is stored in a Document Workspace warning popu

As you can see in the image above, in addition to the three buttons (Don't Ask Again, Get Updates, and Don't Update), there's also an Options hyperlink.   (Note:  The same Options hyperlink is also present in the Document Management pane, next to the Get Updates button, and behaves just as does this one.)  Clicking that link to see what your available options are will spawn a Service Options popup, with a number of configurable settings related to both the Document Management pane and Shared Workspace updates:

Under Shared workspace updates, choose: Never: do not get updates.

Document Workspace Service Options for updates

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

miércoles, 14 de diciembre de 2011 9:18