Profiling libraries linked statically into an application

Pregunta

• The /PROFILE linker option does not seem to include the functions from the libraries linked in statically using the Linker->Input->Additional Dependencies property. The linker throws "Discarding..." statements for all the symbols from the libraries. Any thoughts on how to get this working?

Thanks

jueves, 14 de julio de 2011 17:44

Todas las respuestas

• Thank you for your question, we're doing research on this case, it might take some time before we get back to you.

Eric Yang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

miércoles, 20 de julio de 2011 0:56
  • I use Visual Studio 2010, create a Win32 windows application, and set linker option "/PROFILE". From the output window, I only see this info.

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: profile_test, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
    1>  stdafx.cpp
    1>  profile_test.cpp
    1>LINK : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/INCREMENTAL' due to '/PROFILE' specification
    1>profile_test.obj : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/EDITANDCONTINUE' due to '/OPT:REF' specification
    1>LINK : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/INCREMENTAL' due to '/PROFILE' specification
    1>profile_test.obj : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/EDITANDCONTINUE' due to '/OPT:REF' specification
    1>  profile_test.vcxproj -> E:\visual studio 2010\profile_test\Debug\profile_test.exe
    ========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

I don't see the output like "Discarding...". Can you clarify Visual Studio version, testing steps?

Regards, Johnny Ling Microsoft Online Community Support
    miércoles, 27 de julio de 2011 7:59