How can I change owner of an environment?

Pregunta

• I need to change the owner of an environment to allow host-based connection (instead of guest-based connection).  I do not want to have to re-create all these environments. Is there a way to update the environment and change the owner?

Thanks,

Brandon

martes, 28 de febrero de 2012 19:15

Respuestas

Todas las respuestas

• I tried using this blog post:

Enabling Host based connection for virtual environments

But the script didn't seem to do anything. So I took the script and created a C# form to do the same thing. What I found was that the UpdateLabSystemCommand class doesn't have a VMOwner property. So that explains why this script didn't do anything.

Is there any API for the lab system that I can use to change the owner of an environment?

Brandon

miércoles, 29 de febrero de 2012 20:42
  • Hi Brandon,

I'm looking into this question and try to test the script, please wait some time.

Regards,

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

sábado, 03 de marzo de 2012 7:09
  • Hi Brandon,

I'm looking into this question and try to test the script, please wait some time.

Regards,

Thanks. It would be helpful because this would keep me from having to recreate several environments which is very time consuming.
    lunes, 05 de marzo de 2012 16:25
  • Hi,

I have the same request, can you please share the script to change environment owner?

jueves, 15 de marzo de 2012 8:26
  • @pylon the script refers to

http://blogs.msdn.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-components-postattachments/00-10-08-75-14/UpdateVMOwner.ps1.txt

@Brandon, I haven't gotten it working.  In the MSDN article, we know that class UpdateLabSystemCommand has VMOwner property, but it's only available in VS 11 beta.

If that's not the situation for you, my idea is to modify the virtual machine manager database.

regards,

• Marcado como respuesta Brandon Hoppe martes, 27 de marzo de 2012 22:57
    domingo, 18 de marzo de 2012 16:26
  • @pylon the script refers to

http://blogs.msdn.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-components-postattachments/00-10-08-75-14/UpdateVMOwner.ps1.txt

@Brandon, I haven't gotten it working.  In the MSDN article, we know that class UpdateLabSystemCommand has VMOwner property, but it's only available in VS 11 beta.

If that's not the situation for you, my idea is to modify the virtual machine manager database.

regards,

Thanks. We're still on VS2010.

So if a client machine ran VS11 beta, that client should be able to run this script and update the environment even though the server bits are still 2010?

EDIT: This is exactly what I was able to do. I updated my references in my VS2010 project to use the 2011 versions of the LAB dlls and I was able to change the VMOwner property.

Thanks Forrest!

martes, 27 de marzo de 2012 6:53
  • It's my pleasure. Nice to know that you resolved it.

best regards,

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager

miércoles, 28 de marzo de 2012 5:20