none
Crawling problems

Pregunta

•  

Hi,

I installed MS Search Server Express.

I am able to crawl: web sites, local filesystem (from the server where MSSE is installed), file shares (from the server where MSSE is installed), sharepoint sites.

A can not crawl:

File shares (shared via samba) located on a Linux computer, sometimes i am able to crawl these shares with exactly the same configuration.

Wiki sites - example: http://192.168.1.1/wiki/index.php/Lista_de_M%C3%A1quinas_da_Plataforma_%28i9%29 - this wiki site has no login name or password

Does any one has any idea on anything that o could do? Some black magic? Some odd Search Server dance? Anything?

Thanks

jueves, 10 de abril de 2008 16:06

Respuestas

Todas las respuestas

•  

For samba - can you post the crawl log?

For wiki site: It's quite possible you did not set case sensitive settings. Please follow the steps.

http://blogs.msdn.com/enterprisesearch/archive/2008/01/25/crawling-case-sensitive-web-content-in-sharepoint-server-2007-and-search-server-2008.aspx

sábado, 12 de abril de 2008 23:55
  • viernes, 18 de abril de 2008 1:44
  • Thanks for the answers on wiki sites, problem solved.

For file shares, i have problems with Windows and Linux shares.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows:
    Can crawl file shares on the local computer.
    Cannot crawl file shares on another computer.

I am able to open the shares from windows explorer without any problem.

Already created crawl rule:
    Path:        file://192.168.0.1/TS* (also tried with file://192.168.0.1/TS-Teste)
    Include all items in this path
    Specify a different Content Access Account (login/password for a user which exists on both machines)

Content Source:
    Start Address:        file://192.168.0.1/TS-Teste
    Crawl Settings: The folder and all subfolders of each start address

Crawl Log:
    \\192.168.0.1\TS-Teste
    Access is denied. Verify that either the Default Content Access Account has access to this repository, or add a crawl rule to crawl this repository. If the repository being crawled is a SharePoint repository, verify that the account you are using has "Full Read" permissions on the SharePoint Web Application being crawled. (The item was deleted because it was either not found or the crawler was denied access to it.)

Also tried to create a Content Source and a Crawl Rule with file://MyWindowsMachine/TS-Teste, with the same error (Access is denied)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Linux:
    Only tried with samba shares
    Cannot crawl anything, at this moment i'm trying to crawl a samba share with allow everyone access
    Created a crawl rule for a user which exists on both machines (MS Search Server and Linux Machine)

I got the error:
    \\192.168.0.103\Casos
    The Network name cannot be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070043)

In the Content Source, I tried using \\192.168.0.103\Casos\ and \\MyLinuxBox\Casos\ , in both cases i get the same error.

I can open the share from windows explorer with no problem

Can someone help me, please?

miércoles, 15 de octubre de 2008 13:02
  • Thanks for the answers on wiki sites, problem solved.

For file shares, i have problems with Windows and Linux shares.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows:
    Can crawl file shares on the local computer.
    Cannot crawl file shares on another computer.

I am able to open the shares from windows explorer without any problem.

Already created crawl rule:
    Path:        file://192.168.0.1/TS* (also tried with file://192.168.0.1/TS-Teste)
    Include all items in this path
    Specify a different Content Access Account (login/password for a user which exists on both machines)

Content Source:
    Start Address:        file://192.168.0.1/TS-Teste
    Crawl Settings: The folder and all subfolders of each start address

Crawl Log:
    \\192.168.0.1\TS-Teste
    Access is denied. Verify that either the Default Content Access Account has access to this repository, or add a crawl rule to crawl this repository. If the repository being crawled is a SharePoint repository, verify that the account you are using has "Full Read" permissions on the SharePoint Web Application being crawled. (The item was deleted because it was either not found or the crawler was denied access to it.)

Also tried to create a Content Source and a Crawl Rule with file://MyWindowsMachine/TS-Teste, with the same error (Access is denied)

Linux:
    Only tried with samba shares
    Cannot crawl anything, at this moment i'm trying to crawl a samba share with allow everyone access
    Created a crawl rule for a user which exists on both machines (MS Search Server and Linux Machine)

I got the error:
    \\192.168.0.103\Casos
    The Network name cannot be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070043)

In the Content Source, I tried using \\192.168.0.103\Casos\ and \\MyLinuxBox\Casos\ , in both cases i get the same error.

I can open the share from windows explorer with no problem

Can someone help me, please?

miércoles, 15 de octubre de 2008 13:04
  • Are the local machine and target machines in the same Domain? Or are they just in workgroups with local accounts?

miércoles, 15 de octubre de 2008 18:08
  • Workgroups with local accounts.

miércoles, 15 de octubre de 2008 18:44