Discuss and ask questions about how to develop LightSwitch Extensions. Check the LightSwitch General forum on general LightSwitch development topics.
LightSwitch Extensibility Toolkit for Visual Studio 2012 Released
We've just uploaded the updated version of the Extensibility Toolkit to the MSDN Extensions Gallery: LightSwitch Extensibility Toolkit for VS 2012
The toolkit provides project types for creating new LightSwitch Extension Libraries that target Visual Studio 11 and includes templates for creating the following LightSwitch extensions: LightSwitch Business Type, LightSwitch Control, LightSwitch Data Source, LightSwitch Screen Template, LightSwitch Shell, and LightSwitch Theme.
Updated versions of the eight extensibility samples have been uploaded to the LightSwitch Extensibility Samples for VS 2012 as well.
Visual Studio LightSwitch Extensibility Toolkit Now Available
Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch gives you a simpler and faster way to create high-quality business applications for the desktop and the cloud. Professional developers can extend the functionality of LightSwitch by creating extensions using Visual Studio 2010 Professional, the Visual Studio SDK, and the Visual Studio LightSwitch 2011 Extensibility Toolkit. The toolkit provides project types for creating new LightSwitch Extension Libraries and includes templates for creating your own themes, shells, business types, controls, screen templates, and data sources.
You can access the toolkit plus walkthroughs, samples and documentation here on the Developer Center. Please make sure you follow the instructions carefully for installing the toolkit and the prerequisites.
Welcome to the Visual Studio LightSwitch Extensibility Forum
Thank you for your interest in Visual Studio LightSwitch! This forum is for questions related to extending Visual Studio LightSwitch which is now available as of July 26th. For general questions and install troubleshooting please see the LightSwitch General forum.
To get started learning how to extend LightSwitch please see :
Extending Visual Studio LightSwitch page on the Developer Center where you can download the LightSwitch Extensibility Toolkit and read walkthroughs on how to get started
LightSwitch Team Extensibility Samples that you can download to learn how to build many of the supported extension types
Advanced hands-on labs in the LightSwitch Training Kit where you will build and package an extension that can be reused by the Visual Studio LightSwitch end user
Also make sure to visit the following resources:
If you have a bug to report or just want to make a suggestion please enter them through Connect: http://connect.microsoft.com/lightswitch
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 084bhagavath Tuesday, May 14, 2013 5:47 AM
- 079Darko Kralik Sunday, May 12, 2013 10:31 AM
- 52783Dan721 Friday, May 04, 2012 8:21 AM
- 1299tgn12 Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:48 PM
- 081Santyyz Monday, May 06, 2013 11:57 AM
- 0129Garth F Henderson Friday, May 03, 2013 9:44 PM
- 0187YWanda Zeng Thursday, April 25, 2013 4:24 PM
- 0116YWanda Zeng Thursday, April 25, 2013 3:56 PM
- 0186Mallelin Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:04 PM
How to rename a BizType Extension to something other than Blank so multiple BizType extensions can be loaded?JBKmsdnMVPMonday, May 09, 2011 12:27 PM
- 1912792Faizal Shaji - Codemills Thursday, August 11, 2011 12:25 PM
- 21109Rajeswari Sathyaseelan Tuesday, November 06, 2012 9:05 AM
- 0168Marden LR Monday, April 08, 2013 1:42 PM
Error: this template attempted to load component assembly ‘Microsoft.LightSwitch.Design.VSTemplateWizard,Jan Van der Haegen Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:41 PM
How do I set a custom group control's attached label to collapsed without doing the same for child controls?Mr Yossu Sunday, March 10, 2013 5:15 PM
- 2681Diego Argentina Sunday, March 03, 2013 3:27 AM
- 23626rw999 Tuesday, October 18, 2011 8:23 AM
- 1519Diego Argentina Friday, February 22, 2013 2:36 AM
- 2674ChennaiSPDev Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:39 AM
- 1395Diego Argentina Saturday, March 02, 2013 11:56 PM