Questions and discussions around Visual Studio LightSwitch Beta release.
THIS FORUM HAS MOVED
Visual Studio LightSwitch has released! Download the release version and check out our team blog post for more resources and install notes:
This BETA forum is now closed. Please ask all your LightSwitch questions in the RTM forum here:
Thanks to all of you that downloaded the beta and provided feedback and help here in this forum. We appreciate all your hard work! Now please continue to support the growing LightSwitch community in our new forum.
Visual Studio LightSwitch Beta 2 Released with Go Live License!
We are extremely happy to announce the release of Microsoft® Visual Studio® LightSwitch™ Beta 2! MSDN subscribers can access LightSwitch Beta 2 today and public availability will be Thursday, March 17th. Please see Jason Zander’s post that walks through some of the new features.
- MSDN Subscribers download LightSwitch Beta 2 now!
- The general public can download Beta 2 on Thursday at 10AM PST here
Read What’s New in Beta 2 for information on new capabilities in this release. We’d also like to announce that Beta 2 comes with a “Go Live” license which means you can now start using Visual Studio LightSwitch for production projects!
We’ve also done some major updates to the LightSwitch Developer Center with How Do I videos based on Beta 2 as well as a new and improved Learning Center and Beta 2 samples to get you up to speed fast, whether you’re a beginner or advanced developer. We’ll be rolling out more in-depth content and training in the coming weeks so keep checking back.
INSTALLATION NOTES: Visual Studio 2010 Express, Professional, Premium, Test Professional or Ultimate users must install Visual Studio 2010 SP1 before installing Visual Studio LightSwitch Beta 2. Visual Studio LightSwitch Beta 1 users should uninstall Beta 1 before installing Beta 2. Also see the Beta 2 readme for late breaking issues. These are known incompatible releases with Visual Studio LightSwitch Beta 2 (see links for details on compatibility and workarounds):
- Visual Studio Async CTP - known compatibility details(see *Async CTP Issues with VS2010 SP1* announcement)
- Windows SDK 7.1 - known compatibility details
- Help Viewer Power Tool – known compatibility details
PROJECT UPGRADE NOTES: Due to the many improvements in Beta 2, projects created in Beta 1 cannot be opened or upgraded. You will need to recreate your projects and copy over any user code that you have added. You can get to the user code files by switching to File View in the Solution Explorer. Please note that some APIs have changed so you may need to update some of your code appropriately. At this point we do not plan to introduce breaking changes post-Beta 2 that will cause you to need to recreate your Beta 2 projects.
Have fun building business applications with Visual Studio LightSwitch!
LightSwitch Beta 2 Learning Resources - New Developer Center!
Hello LightSwitch developers!
We've got a lot of new content and a fresh look for the LightSwitch Developer Center on MSDN (just click the "Home" tab above). Check it out! Whether you are just beginning or have been using LightSwitch for a while, we've got something for you.
We've also done a major overhaul to the LightSwitch Developer Learning Center in order to organize learning topics, blog articles, tips & tricks, and documentation better and allows us to easily roll out more training content each week. You can access training, samples, How Do I Videos, articles and more here.
We'll also be updating the Training Kit (that you can also access from the Learning Center) on Thursday for the public release.
Also check out our team blogs and bloggers for more information on LightSwitch. We're in the process of updating all our Beta 1 blog posts to Beta 2 so keep checking back.
Also check out the Dev Center Commuity page for more from the LightSwitch community.
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 29625montojc Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:13 PM
- 04321Steve HoagMicrosoft EmployeeTuesday, July 26, 2011 5:00 PM
- 04577VidyaVigna Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:46 PM
- 44814VidyaVigna Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:18 AM
- 14351WilliamStacey Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:34 PM
- 44413Reinhard Labuschagne Friday, July 22, 2011 6:41 PM
- 24790Mehmood Ahmed Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:58 AM
- 35130Ben Hayat Tuesday, July 26, 2011 2:38 PM
- 125441ADefwebserverMVPSunday, July 24, 2011 2:27 PM
- 85998Cromanty Sunday, July 24, 2011 3:40 PM
- 104211AbnerPiff Monday, July 25, 2011 11:12 PM
- 45103JayAtSoftServ Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:46 AM
- 144280Kostas Christodoulou Monday, July 25, 2011 7:23 AM
- 24221TechnoSQuirreL Monday, July 25, 2011 10:36 PM
- 45044Steve HoagMicrosoft EmployeeTuesday, July 26, 2011 5:05 AM
- 204317Frank Claassen Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:32 AM
- 24711Ben Hayat Tuesday, July 26, 2011 5:21 AM
- 135281Asad.1 Sunday, July 24, 2011 9:48 AM
- 94515whnoel Monday, March 28, 2011 3:34 PM
- 34720Andre Mens Monday, May 09, 2011 5:00 PM