Logon failed:

Question

• Logon failed. Details: Error Code: 0x Source: ADODB.Connection Description: Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed. Error in File C:\Temp\taskcardrpt {EF8AA4D0-A42C-4294-BB86-08E100FD6ED7}.rpt: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters.

this works in development, but fails on the development machine, but in the web sites virtual directory.

I am using

report.SetDatabaseLogon("userid", "password");

CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = report;

Can any one please help me?

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 7:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• Have you have any luck with this problem as I am having exactly the same problem on one of our development machines.

Cheers,

Pete.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 8:14 AM
  • Ok problem solved. Seems the MDAC installation with SP2 was corrupt. Using the helpful guidance from this forum;  http://www.dbforums.com/archive/index.php/t-1050457.html, I managed to reinstall MDAC 2.8. All was ok after that.

My reports showed up without a hitch, much to my delight. I can't say exactly what part of MDAC was corrupt.

I ran the component checker, http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8f0a8df6-4a21-4b43-bf53-14332ef092c9&DisplayLang=en

But it didn't seem to shed much light on the situation. So I just reinstalled.

Hope this helps.

Pete.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 12:50 PM
  • Thank you for posting this

We faced similar issues when running crystal reports on Windows 2003 server with SP1

If we connect to SQL Server, the reports work

But when we connect to Oracle database, we get this error.

We are trying after re-installing MDAC 2.8.

Thanks

Santak

Monday, October 15, 2007 8:14 AM
  •  Santak wrote:

Thank you for posting this

We faced similar issues when running crystal reports on Windows 2003 server with SP1

If we connect to SQL Server, the reports work

But when we connect to Oracle database, we get this error.

We are trying after re-installing MDAC 2.8.

Thanks

Santak

While trying to repair MDAC, we did not have the original CDs

Searching a bit, we found this site

This will definitely help you

All that is written is with respect to Windows XP SP2 but it works like a charm for Windows 2003 Server

http://www.macropool.com/en/download/mdac_xp_sp2.html

Thanks

Santak

Quoting from the website ...

http://www.macropool.com/en/download/mdac_xp_sp2.html

II. If you do not have a Windows XP SP2 CD:
    a. In the File name box, type %systemroot%\windows\servicepackfiles\i386, and then click Open.
    b. When prompted for adcjavas.inc, point to C:\Windows\servicepackfiles\i386
    Note: If you cannot find this folder put the Windows CD into your CD drive and browse for that file.
    c. When prompted for the file handler.reg, either point to C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\msadc, or put the Windows XP CD in your CD-ROM drive.
    d. When prompted for MDACRdMe.htm, point to C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ado. If this file is not present rename the file MDACReadme.htm to MDACRdMe.htm.
    e. When prompted for oledbjvs.inc, point to C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB.
    f. When prompted for mssoap1.dll, point to C:\Program Files\Common Files\MSSoap\Binaries.
    g. When prompted for mssoapr.dll, point to C:\Program Files\Common Files\MSSoap\Binaries (or below its subfolders).

Monday, October 15, 2007 8:37 AM
  • Finally, we see it working !  Here is how.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After doing all the above mentioned steps, the reports still did not work

Then we tried installing the other components of ODP

We had only installed ODP in the beginning, after installing ODBC Driver,  Provider for OLEDB and Objects for OLE, the crystal reports worked !

The ODP installation version we are using is 9.2.0.7.0

The following components were installed

Oracle ODBC Driver 9.2.0.7.0

Oracle Provider for OLEDB 9.2.0.7.0

Oracle Objects for OLE 9.2.0.7.0

Oracle Data Provider for .NET 9.2.0.7.0

Thanks

Santak

Monday, October 15, 2007 6:22 PM
  • I had the same error... Found the problem:

I create a report with query1 and table1, when I called the report inside the program I never sent any reference to the table1, then Crystal Reports was trying to locate the default table1 into the database. Once I sent the reference about the table1 the problem was solved.

Hope this helps.

Oscar Perez

opereznet@hotmail.com

Oscar Perez
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 6:52 PM