MSDN Help for Visual Studio Express

Question

• I have downloaded some of the express exe's and installed them. Downloading the MSDN Help for these used to be an option to do so while downloading the "small" exe's. Where can I download the MSDN Help for VS 2005 Express by itslef? I failed to do so the first time around because of download speed issues.

Thanks
    Heinz

Thursday, March 30, 2006 3:24 AM

Answers

• I have not seen it as a separate download. You can add it from the add and remove programs applet in the control panel.

Select change/remove for an installed Express Edition
    Choose to add additional products
    Check to install MSDN Express
    Complete installation

Thursday, March 30, 2006 11:32 AM
  •  

Download the ISOs for the express products, you might be able to take the MSDN Dirs from there.

Looking at some of the sites and posts, the MSDN Express Library is very language specific and releates to the IDE or system that it is shipped with only.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 10:26 PM

All replies

• I have not seen it as a separate download. You can add it from the add and remove programs applet in the control panel.

Select change/remove for an installed Express Edition
    Choose to add additional products
    Check to install MSDN Express
    Complete installation

Thursday, March 30, 2006 11:32 AM
  •  

Download the ISOs for the express products, you might be able to take the MSDN Dirs from there.

Looking at some of the sites and posts, the MSDN Express Library is very language specific and releates to the IDE or system that it is shipped with only.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 10:26 PM