SqlTrackingQuery conditions ??

Question

• I can attach conditions to a Tracking Point, but oddly, can't do the same with a Query against a tracking point.

So, if I have a TrackingPoint for a member named 'Count', I can't Query the Tracking Store to discover the WorkflowInstance with a 'Count' greater than X.

This is a major shortcoming.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 10:57 AM

Answers

• In most scenarios you are better off to directly query the tracking tables.  SqlTrackingQuery can be useful in a limited set of scenarios but it was never intended as a general purpose query mechanism.

Thanks,

Joel

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 5:34 PM

All replies

• In most scenarios you are better off to directly query the tracking tables.  SqlTrackingQuery can be useful in a limited set of scenarios but it was never intended as a general purpose query mechanism.

Thanks,

Joel

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 5:34 PM
  • In most scenarios you are better off to directly query the tracking tables.

What, and risk having my code break when Microsoft decides to change the schema in WWF rev X  ?

That's what an API is for, so I don't have to go behind it and develop kludgy solutions.

SqlTrackingQuery can be useful in a limited set of scenarios but it was never intended as a general purpose query mechanism.

Really, where is this docuemnted

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 5:09 PM