Preview an AutoCAD drawing?

Question

• Hey guys, i've only recently started using C# and like it a lot so far. However, i'm having a couple of troubles with my program...

I wish to have a listbox, which reads files in a specified folder with the .dwg (CAD drawing) extension. Also when i click on a file in this listbox, i'd like (if possible) to load a preview of the CAD drawing in a picturebox or something similar next to the listbox.

Any feedback or help on what code to add would be great. Please tell me if i have been too vague.

Thanks in advance,

lukz33mts

Saturday, July 21, 2007 10:40 PM

Answers

• Hi,

1   You need to populate your listbox control by using DirectoryInfo and FileInfo class. Here is simple code to populate listbox control with text file.

2   You need to use AutoCAD software to preview .dwg file. In example I use notepad.exe to open text file. Put your AutoCAD preview exe file and dwg file into Process.Start() method.

Code Snippet

private void Button1_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)

{

DirectoryInfo di = new DirectoryInfo("c:\\temp\\");

foreach (DirectoryInfo fdi in di.GetDirectories()) {

foreach (FileInfo fs in fdi.GetFiles()) {

string[] str = fs.Name.Split(".");

string ext = Conversion.str(1).Trim;

string ext1 = ext.ToLower;

if ((ext1 == "txt"))

{

ListBox1.Items.Add((object)fs.FullName);

}

}

}

}

private void ListBox1_DoubleClick(object sender, System.EventArgs e)

{

Process.Start("notepad.exe", ListBox1.SelectedItem.ToString());

}

Good luck

Monday, July 23, 2007 6:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

1   You need to populate your listbox control by using DirectoryInfo and FileInfo class. Here is simple code to populate listbox control with text file.

2   You need to use AutoCAD software to preview .dwg file. In example I use notepad.exe to open text file. Put your AutoCAD preview exe file and dwg file into Process.Start() method.

Code Snippet

private void Button1_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)

{

DirectoryInfo di = new DirectoryInfo("c:\\temp\\");

foreach (DirectoryInfo fdi in di.GetDirectories()) {

foreach (FileInfo fs in fdi.GetFiles()) {

string[] str = fs.Name.Split(".");

string ext = Conversion.str(1).Trim;

string ext1 = ext.ToLower;

if ((ext1 == "txt"))

{

ListBox1.Items.Add((object)fs.FullName);

}

}

}

}

private void ListBox1_DoubleClick(object sender, System.EventArgs e)

{

Process.Start("notepad.exe", ListBox1.SelectedItem.ToString());

}

Good luck

Monday, July 23, 2007 6:17 AM
  • Thanks a lot, i'll give this a go tonight. Seems like it should do the trick.

Hehe, im glad i asked i would have spent ages googling for this Wink

greets, lukz33mts

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 6:01 PM