none
Invoking Business rule engine from orchestration

Question

• I created a simple policy with two rules inside it with xml schema inside the facts explorer.
    When I tested this in Business rule composer rules are firing but when I used the orchestration with receive port,call rule shape and send port, I am getting the same input message in the output folder after deployment. I also strated the rule update service in my system.Please guide me in solving the issue.
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 7:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• I believe you missed to add the policy. Follow the below steps
    1. Go to BizTalk Admin Console
    2. Right click your project
    3. click -> Add
    4. Choose Policies
    5. select you policy [Before do this..you have to deployed your policy]

Make sure you choose the "policy parameters" inside Orchestration's call rules shape.
    Thanks, Raja
    Friday, March 12, 2010 10:07 AM
  • Raja,

Thanks for your reply.
    I have already deployed the policy and added that to my biztalk project in admin console but that did not help.
    I have already chosen the policy parameters inside the call rule shape.
    when I checked tracked service instances in Biztalk group view I could not find my orchestration though I enabled tracking for my orchestration and policies. I am using Biz2009.
    Please let me know if I am missing any other thing.

Thanks,
    Shankar  
    Friday, March 12, 2010 1:48 PM
  • You mentioned, that BRE is working fine inside Rules Composer but it is not trigger inside Orchestration. If yes, are you sure that same instance of message which is testing inside composer and also applying inside Orchestration.
    Thanks, Raja
    Friday, March 12, 2010 2:10 PM
  • Yes. I am using the same instance of message inside composer and input to Biztalk. Inside Orchestration, in the call rule shape  I am giving the parameter message which is of my schema type.
    Friday, March 12, 2010 2:42 PM
  • Using HAT, Can you verify your BRE is triggered?
    Thanks, Raja
    Friday, March 12, 2010 2:46 PM
  • Hi,

It seems that your orchestration is not firing.
    --Use xml receive pipeline in receive port
    --Check whether you are using the same receive port to receive the files which you have binded in the orchestration
    ---in the biztalk administration console create a new query and get the subscriptions for the orchestration
    --stop the send port where you are receiving the file and check whether the filters in the subscription of orchestration are promoted or not in the context of the message

Thanks
    Alok MCTS Please set answered or vote helpful if the post answered the question
    Friday, March 12, 2010 3:03 PM
  • Alok,

Thanks for your reply. It is correct,my orchestration is not firing.I changed to xml receive pipeline in my receive port but I am getting the following error.
    Cannot locate document specification because multiple schemas matched the message type "my schema rootnodename" .
    My schema target name space is empty.
    I will  try by addding the namespace to my schema. 
    I also checked the filters in the subscription of orchestration by stopping the send port, they are promoted in the context of the message.
    Friday, March 12, 2010 4:28 PM
  • seems like multiple schemas deployed in GAC. try to remove those .dll from GAC if you are not using.
    Assign namespace in your schema.
    Thanks, Raja
    Friday, March 12, 2010 4:38 PM
  • You can use http://blogs.digitaldeposit.net/SARAVANA/post/2006/12/19/Schema-Detector-tool-for-Biztalk-Development.aspx this tool to look for multple Schemas in Your Applications.
    Friday, March 12, 2010 7:27 PM