How to Disable Autosave?

Question

• Hi all,

Does anyone know how to disable VB autosave?

I like to open a working solution/project, mess around with it, and if I cant get it working, I like to exit without saving so that the original working version is left.

But silly VB 2006 autosaves changes, therefore stuffing up, a once working solution/project.

I can understand autosaving whilst working though a large solution, but I prefer to click save once I have accomplished a routine, in the solution/project.

Thanks.

Monday, June 26, 2006 7:14 AM

Answers

• Tools + Options, Project and Solutions, Build and Run.  Set "Before building" to "Don't save any changes".
    Monday, June 26, 2006 10:07 AM
  • On the far bottom left, click "Show all settings".

Saturday, July 01, 2006 5:15 AM

All replies

• Tools + Options, Project and Solutions, Build and Run.  Set "Before building" to "Don't save any changes".
    Monday, June 26, 2006 10:07 AM
  • In my "Project and Solutions" option, I only have "General" and "VB defaults", no "Build and run".

I am using Visual Studio 2005.

Help?

Saturday, July 01, 2006 2:56 AM
  • On the far bottom left, click "Show all settings".

Saturday, July 01, 2006 5:15 AM
  • Arhhhhh... and so obvious too.

Thanks heaps mate!

Monday, July 03, 2006 12:52 AM
  • pls sr
    help me in the same problem but when i choose this option (dont save any changes)  in VB 2008 a msg error appear when press run or F5 and the msg is : Form1.vb cannt be modified at this time ? ................ pls help me
    and my email deaadeen83@hotmail.com
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 2:56 PM
  • pls sr
    help me in the same problem but when i choose this option (dont save any changes)  in VB 2008 a msg error appear when press run or F5 and the msg is : Form1.vb cannt be modified at this time ? ................ pls help me
    and my email deaadeen83@hotmail.com

pls could you help me ????????????????
    Monday, May 11, 2009 9:46 AM
    1. NOOOOO ANSWEEEEEERRRRRR??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 3:17 PM