Friday, September 30, 2011 12:34 PM
I want to do a Migration from Windows 2003 to Windows 2008
I can do this with the Web deployment tool of microsoft. That will export all the IIS settings from IIS 6 to IIS 7.5
- Easy to use
- Unclear yet of User accounts and application pools will get exported also
- Synchronisation option
- But with alot of old IIS6 options (32 bit settings, old filters etc.. alot of legacy garbage)
Another option would be creating with Websitepanel through the api
- Clean installation according to WSP spec
- Different website id, so awstats has to be updated
- Manual copy the files
Anyone did this before, and if so wich method did you prefer/used.
Thanks for the information
Thursday, October 06, 2011 9:37 AM
Did this about 2 months ago. Create a new Server 2008 R2 with WebsitePanel, IIS7.5, MySQL and FilezillaFTP. Setup new website plans for each customer, moved domain name over to new website. Manually moved all website files/folders to to new server. Changed Firewall Polices and was good to go!
Has about 150 websites to move, managed to get everything done in one evening!
Watch out for people using IIS rewrites, they are handled differently in IIS7.5.
- Marked As Answer by Lloyd ZhangMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Sunday, October 09, 2011 10:23 AM