Wednesday, December 26, 2012 12:27 AM
When I run this code in my application:
var geoPosition = await geoLocator.GetGeopositionAsync();
The coordinate returned is located at Microsoft HQ in Redmond. However I'm using the emulator additional tools to update the location and setting the current location to one in Sweden.
Is this a bug? Anyone else having this?
Wednesday, December 26, 2012 4:00 AM
It seems to be a bug.
However, running the native Maps application seems to fix it. Here is something I noticed:
- Set a current location in the emulator.
- Run my app. It reports the current location as Redmond.
- Run the Maps application. It correctly goes to the location I set in step 1.
- Run my app again. Now it uses the correct current location.
- Marked As Answer by davidhagg Wednesday, December 26, 2012 9:04 AM
Wednesday, December 26, 2012 9:03 AM
Thanks, this works!
However if I add a new location it again takes the redmond coordinate. This feels like a serious bug, strange I could not read more about it somewhere. Is nobody using the tools in the emulator?
Monday, January 07, 2013 9:02 PMModerator
Can you try setgin the accuracy for the geo locator like this and let me know if it resolves the issue?
- Marked As Answer by davidhagg Saturday, January 12, 2013 9:13 AM
Saturday, January 12, 2013 9:13 AM
@RashimA This seems to do the trick!
Tuesday, March 26, 2013 5:55 AMNo Luck.Still showing Redmond Location