Thursday, July 30, 2009 4:15 AMI have an Del Inspiron 530 with Vista Home Premium Service pack 1, and have been using my Logitech quickcam pro 5000 web cam for a year with no problems till yesterday. For some reason I can only see my friends web cam & they can't see me. I've tried the following and still no joy, please help : -
1. I've uninstalled and reloaded the Logitech & Windows Live Messenger software (http://download.live.com/?sku=messenger)
2. I've made sure the correct web cam is selected on MSN by going on the "Show Menu" located on the top left on Windows Live Messenger, then tools, audio & video set up.
3. While I'm off line my web cam works but when I go on line all I see is a picture of a web cam with a red cross through it.
4. Logitech say my web cam is working perfectly and told me it's a Windows problem.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009 2:14 AMdid you get it to work? we are having the same issue.
- Proposed As Answer by tmaaka Wednesday, September 22, 2010 12:07 AM
Wednesday, September 16, 2009 11:53 PMSame problem, Lenovo laptop, vista, windows live ver 2009, remote user can see & hear me. I can see & hear myself, and hear the remote.
I see webcamera icon with a red X.
Remote users system works with others.
I had trouble loading windows live, went to windows live help and implemented tips so I could create a windows live login.
Saturday, August 21, 2010 9:47 AM
did you get it to work? we are having the same issue.
I think the problem from wlm new version it allows video calls only no video alone and we cant install the old version
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 3:39 AMnow i got the solution when i downloaded amsn messenger the icon show my cam reappered and now i can chat with cam open on live messenger or amsn messenger any quries just email me on firstname.lastname@example.org