Discuss the ClickOnce deployment technology as well as using Windows Forms controls from inside Internet Explorer.
ClickOnce and Windows 8 and the Smart Screen filter -- the definitive versionRobinDotNetMVPMonday, February 25, 2013 6:15 AM
I've posted a new blog entry about ClickOnce and Windows 8 and the Smart Screen filter. I collaborated with someone at Microsoft to create this; I hope it's helpful.
Retirement of Visual Studio Installer Projects from future versions of Visual Studio
In Visual Studio 2010, we have partnered with Flexera, makers of InstallShield, to create InstallShield Limited Edition 2010 just for Visual Studio 2010 customers. The InstallShield Limited Edition 2010 offers comparable functionality to the Visual Studio Installer projects. In addition, you can build your deployment projects using Team Foundation Server and MSBuild. For more information, see http://blogs.msdn.com/b/deployment_technologies/archive/2010/04/20/installshield-limited-edition-is-available-for-download-in-visual-studio-2010.aspx.
With InstallShield available, the Visual Studio Installer project types will not be available in future versions of Visual Studio. To preserve existing customer investments in Visual Studio Installer projects, Microsoft will continue to support the Visual Studio Installer projects feature that shipped with Visual Studio 2010 and below as per our product life-cycle strategy. For more information, see Expanded Microsoft Support Lifecycle Policy for Business & Development Products.
InstallShield Limited Edition is available for download in Visual Studio 2010
The InstallShield 2010 Limited Edition is a free version of InstallShield for Visual Studio developers that replaces the functionality provided by the Visual Studio setup and deployment projects.
Here are some highlights of the product:
• Use Visual Studio to create installation projects for applications built with Visual Studio.
• Build your installation projects with MSBuild
• Jumpstart projects with a simple design environment and Project Assistant.
• Take advantage of Installation Prerequisites and Custom Actions.
• Digitally sign your installers.
Need a feature that is not supported in the Visual Studio deployment projects? Try the InstallShield Limited Edition. You can easily migrate your existing Visual Studio deployment projects into InstallShield Limited Edition installation projects with a few clicks. The installation projects created with the InstallShield Limited Edition are compatible with other versions of InstallShield products. This enables you to upgrade to higher version of InstallShield with a more advanced feature set.
To obtain the InstallShield 2010 Limited Edition, complete the following steps:
1. On the File menu, point to New, and then click Project.
2. Expand the Other Project Types node.
3. Expand the Setup and Deployment node.
4. Click InstallShield LE.
5. Click Enable InstallShield Limited Edition, and then click OK.
6. Click Go to InstallShield.
Note: You must register by using your email address before downloading the product.
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 5815RobinDotNetMVPThursday, February 28, 2013 10:00 PM
- 11005RobinDotNetMVPMonday, February 25, 2013 6:16 AM
- 112482Kira Qian Thursday, May 06, 2010 9:44 AM
- 1619470MSDN FAQ Tuesday, May 04, 2010 6:32 AM
- 02Hariharan C a few seconds ago
- 265AaronCain Wednesday, May 22, 2013 10:04 PM
- 3105JoeMichael Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:44 AM
- 3144zvzzvz Monday, May 20, 2013 3:44 AM
- 683Black Santa Saturday, May 18, 2013 6:27 AM
- 31328MattyJ131 Friday, April 26, 2013 3:48 PM
- 187Hariharan C Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:15 AM
- 153scalpa Wednesday, May 22, 2013 7:22 PM
- 153akhilrajau Wednesday, May 22, 2013 12:57 PM
- 8320Saibala Friday, April 26, 2013 6:47 AM
- 250mutlyp Wednesday, May 22, 2013 6:00 PM
- 3114Serge Kryukov Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:47 AM
- 101165DevRex Thursday, February 07, 2013 4:24 PM
How do I deploy a Visual Studio 2012 Express project to a computer that isn't connected to the Internet?Christopher Haviland Wednesday, May 08, 2013 6:35 PM
- 3129ezdream Thursday, May 16, 2013 8:19 PM
- 5114K Ankele Saturday, May 11, 2013 11:30 AM
- 53518belgie Wednesday, June 01, 2011 4:28 PM
- 5135Jack_Cognito Friday, May 10, 2013 12:29 PM
- 4106Zergar Wednesday, May 15, 2013 5:45 PM
- 63854Perry Manole Saturday, June 26, 2010 10:12 AM