Thursday, October 06, 2011 12:24 PM
I use an Asus EP121 with the Windows 8 Developer Preview and Bluetooth doesn't work. Device manager is not very helpful:
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43).
The Driver Provider is Microsoft and the version 6.2.8102.0. With an update the driver Provider is Atheros Communications, version 184.108.40.206 but the problem is the same. I didn't see anything that seems like a solution on the Asus download list for Windows 7.
I use this device because it is in the list of tested devices, so I hope I'm not alone and someone has a solution.
Is it possible to use the Bluetooth keyboard of the Asus EP121?
For coding it's the best option I know, USB keyboard works but too fat in my bag.
Thursday, October 06, 2011 1:41 PM
I am sorry to hear about your issue, you might try to install the drivers in compatibility mode to see if that resolves the problem.
You can do this by:
· Enter the Start screen
· Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section
· Select Search
· Type Compatibility
· Click Settings in the right column
· Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows
· Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver.
Please post back with your results.
- Proposed As Answer by Chris - Support_Engineer Thursday, October 06, 2011 3:58 PM
Thursday, October 06, 2011 1:48 PMAnswerer
This thread link below have answers to get Bluetooth working on Asus EP121 using Windows Developer Preview.
- Proposed As Answer by Eric - Support EngineerMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Editor Thursday, October 06, 2011 4:15 PM
- Marked As Answer by Steven - Support EngineerMicrosoft Support, Moderator Saturday, October 08, 2011 9:53 PM
Thursday, October 06, 2011 3:51 PM
Thanks, my keyboard is ok now.
I thought the driver was with the chipset zip. Didn't try WLAN.