Sunday, February 19, 2012 6:34 PM
Hi I have a notebook with mobility ati HD2400, I went Device Manager and I didn't find any Display Driver.
I tried install windows 7 drivers, but doesn't work.
I have Windows 8 Developer Preview - build 8102.
- Edited by Marilyn-Support EngineerMicrosoft Support, Moderator Sunday, February 19, 2012 7:24 PM Modify Title
Sunday, February 19, 2012 6:48 PM
Since Windows 8 has not been released yet not all drivers are going to work with it. Some drivers are very specific about the operating system version, so you might have to wait until they release Windows 8 drivers (if they make them for your model).
You can also try using Windows Update to get drivers - it's located in the start menu.
If the Windows 7 drivers don't install, try installing them in compatibility mode.
This can help with some (but not all) programs/drivers:
1) Uninstall the program if it's already installed. Then when you install/reinstall it instead of double clicking on the install file right click it and select "Troubleshoot Compatibility"
2) Then click "Try Recommended Settings" and in the next windows click "Start the Program" to install it.
3) After it installs see if it works correctly. Please note - some programs may not be able to run in Windows 8.
Sunday, February 19, 2012 6:59 PM
I have already do that, but doesn't work.
The OS doesn't detect any graphics card.
And when I running ATI on Compatibility Mode ot says "Your computer don't have Graphic Adapter"( something like that, the error message is in potuguese)
Sunday, February 19, 2012 8:40 PM
Have you tried the Windows 8 driver?
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"
- Proposed As Answer by Marilyn-Support EngineerMicrosoft Support, Moderator Sunday, February 19, 2012 9:55 PM
- Marked As Answer by pikax Sunday, February 19, 2012 11:25 PM
Sunday, February 19, 2012 8:58 PM
doesn't work, only install "AMD Catalyst Install Manager" & AMD SDK
I will rollback to windows 7
thx for the help