When debugging in development I am connecting directly to the SQL Azure database. I used the "ASP.NET Configuration" utility to create some user accounts. Everything appeared to work great so I deployed to Azure.
However, when I access the deployed site on Azure I can't authenticate with any of the user accounts I created. I still can when running from the debugger. I'm guessing when on Azure some salt or other manipulation of the hashed password is applied
which is not applied when running locally.
Also, this issue is further exacerbated in my project because we are currently not providing a way in the website to create an account. Accounts are, for now, being managed manually until the requirements for user management are finalized and we start
work on those user stories.
There is a similar post on stackoverflow describing this problem but no answers.