Sunday, September 23, 2012 11:13 AM
i found a strange behavior that i want to share.
I did this:
1. run the application from Visual Studio
2. While the splash screen is shown i move the application from the fullscreen to snap state view
3. When the application is generating the content it appears in the wrong side (filled) and then move to the snap side.
This is not correct because i can see the content moving and is showed badly.
- Edited by saramgsilvaMVP Sunday, September 23, 2012 11:14 AM
Sunday, September 23, 2012 11:22 AMNot too sure what you are trying tell, can you share some code and screenshots (you can take them from the Simulator)
Zubair Ahmed | @zubairdotnet | zubairahmed.net | Win8RssReader.codeplex.com | facebook.com/zubair.ahmed.public
Sunday, September 23, 2012 11:29 AM
You are perhaps talking about the built in template provided for "Split App"
Well that's a fine behavior since,
- The app remains responsive
- The app repositions itself relative to the correct behavior as you yourself highlighted "and then move to the snap side"
The reason it is appearing is because the contents are filled while being in full view but then Visual State manager (as defined in XAML) forces app to realign itself with the snapped view and thus you see things shifting from bigger column to smaller column. On a fast enough device, this won't even appear. I can only see such a behavior on a very unresponsive or busy system.
Hope that helps?
However a comment from an MVP will be worth reading since yes that is how it behaves.