Saturday, April 07, 2012 10:39 AMI have database project with a data generation plan file name xyz.dgen .
i made xyz.dgen file settings changed and clicked generate data it worked fine. But the problem is when i close the xyz.dgen file and reopen it the changed settings vanished.
But i want to keep the previous changes i made to the xyz.dgen file every time i open.
Any Solution will be highly recommended.
- Moved by Forrest GuoModerator Monday, April 09, 2012 9:04 AM database project (From:.NET Framework Setup)
Saturday, April 07, 2012 10:50 AM
See if this webpage helps.
Monday, April 09, 2012 9:02 AM
Welcome to the MSDN forum.
Do you mean that when you can not save the changes to your xyz.dgen file? Both "Ctrl+S" and File-> Save xyz.dgen can not save your files? If so, it is a Visual Studio setting error and you may try these steps to reset Visual Studio:
steps to see if these can help and then show us more details:
- Open Visual Studio Command Prompt (2010) under Start menu -> All Programs -> Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 -> Visual Studio Tools (run it with Administrator privilege: right-click the program -> Run as administrator);
- Try some devenv switches in command prompt:
- Run devenv /Resetsettings to eliminate the cause of corrupted settings.
- Run devenv /ResetSkipPkgs in Command Prompt.
- Run devenv /Safemode to see if you can apply it correctly. This can eliminate the possibility that third party Add-ins or packages are causing problems.
- Reboot the machine in Safe Mode. This can isolate some third party application/driver's interference.
- Switch and try a new user account. This can rule out the possibility of corrupted user profile.
If not so, please try to save your files before you close it.
Barry Wang [MSFT]
MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
Monday, April 09, 2012 10:08 AM
No the problem is not what you are thinking about.
xyz.dgen saved successfully.
if i closed the xyz.dgen file and open again it doesn't show the saved changes.
I have a custom generator named : ForeignKeyCustomGenerator
I changed one of my table foreign key column Generator(Default ForeignKey) to ForeignKeyCustomGenerator.
I saved the xyz.dgen file and closed.
If i opened the file again the foreign key column set to default Generator(ForeignKey) instead of ForeignKeyCustomGenerator. But i don't want that.
Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:29 AMModerator