Thursday, July 13, 2006 1:37 AM
I have recently downloaded CTP4, but am now having problems with adding new items to the project. For example, I am unable to add a database schema object to the database project. If I right-click the "Schema Objects" folder, and click "Add New Item", the dialog window that pops up has no templates available at all.
Am I missing something? How can I add object such as a db schema?
Thursday, July 13, 2006 2:08 AMI'm having the same problem. I had CTP3 installed as well, could there be something left over from that? I uninstalled it but maybe I missed something?
Thursday, July 13, 2006 4:47 AM
I can think of 4 issues:
1) Have you uninstall the CTP3 before installing CTP4 ( I saw the second message, so one of you did)?
2)The object are now being added from Schema View, not Solution Explorer.
3) CTP3 projects are not compatible with CTP4 projects, so if you opened older project it may not work. The workaround is to import the old schema into a new CTP4 project.
4) Try devenv /setup to reregister our packages.
Thursday, July 13, 2006 5:42 PM
1) Yes, I uninstalled CTP3 prior to installing 4. I even tried to redo the whole process again, but it didn't change anything.
2)That is true, but I don't see an option to add a Schema from the Schema View. The Schema View has most of the objects, but this one seems to be missing. Should I be seeing that option there?
3) This I realized as soon as I tried to open up a CTP3 dbproj file with CTP4 -- the Solution Explorer was empty! :) So, I recreated the project (there aren't too many items since it's a new project) in CTP4.
4) Will try that and see if it helps.
Thursday, July 13, 2006 6:15 PM
I can answer 1 question...
The 'Schema' type hasn't been implemented in the product in CTP4. (One of the reasons we don't support SQL 2005 projects fully yet). The product is actually missing most SQL 2005-specific objects in the Add New Item dialog\templates.
Friday, July 14, 2006 6:42 PMIt looks like 'Add New Item' from the Solution Explorer is not supported yet. If you open the Schema View window and from there choose Add, you get the schema item templates and can go from there.