Tuesday, January 10, 2006 6:35 AM
Here is a list of resources you can use to try to find answers to any questions you may have on using VSTO 2005 and VSTO 2003. There is a wealth of information here, and you’re sure to discover a lot of content that pertains to what you’re trying to do.
If you can’t seem to find what you’re looking for or still think you need some guidance or advice, then please feel free to post your question or issue in the forum.
Visual Studio Tools for Office Developer Portal on MSDN
VSTO 2005 Features and System Requirements
VSTO 2005 Developer Center
VSTO 2005 On-line Documentation (MSDN Library)
Download VSTO 2005 SE (templates for Office 2003 and 2007 add-ins)
Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for the Office System Power Tools v126.96.36.199
Access Developer Extensions (ADE)
The ADE is included with the VSTO 2005 standalone product. An overview of the ADE can be found here:
Here are some other resources you can tap for further information on VSTO 2005.
· VSTO Blogs
- VSTO Team Blog – http://blogs.msdn.com/vsto2
- Eric Carter (VSTO Team Member) - http://blogs.msdn.com/eric_carter/
- John Durant (VSTO Team Member) - https://blogs.msdn.com/johnrdurant/default.aspx
- Paul Stubbs (VSTO Team Member) – http://blogs.msdn.com/pstubbs/
- Mike Hernandez (VSTO Product Manager) – http://blogs.msdn.com/mikeh/default.aspx
- Kathleen McGrath (Author “VSTO for Mere Mortals”) - http://blogs.msdn.com/kathleen
- Office Zealot Site (VSTO MVP Chris Kunicki) - http://www.officezealot.com/VSTO/bloghome.aspx
- GotDotNet.com Site – http://blogs.gotdotnet.com
Technical Articles and Books
What’s New in VSTO 2005
These whitepapers are interrelated, so be sure to review both of them.
· Deploying Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office Solutions Using Windows Installer (Part 1)
· Deploying Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office Solutions Using Windows Installer: Walkthroughs (Part 2)
VSTO 2005 technical articles on MSDN
VSTO 2003 technical articles on MSDN
VSTO for Mere Mortals This book is written by former VSTO team member Kathleen McGrath.
Visual Studio Tools for Office: Using Visual Basic 2005 with Excel, Word, Outlook, and InfoPath This is a book written by VSTO team member Eric Carter and former team member Eric Lippert.
Visual Studio Tools for Office: Using C# with Excel, Word, Outlook, and InfoPath This is a book written by VSTO team member Eric Carter and former team member Eric Lippert.Reporting Bugs or Submitting Feature Requests
Please report any bugs you find on the MSDN Product Feedback Center. To ensure that you’re not posting a duplicate bug, be sure to use the Search option on the main page to determine whether your bug has already been discovered and posted.
You may also submit feature requests here, too. You can help us track these requests by using this title format: "FEATURE REQUEST: <one-line request description>". You can then provide further details in the Problem Statement section of the suggestion form.
Visual Studio and .NET Framework Feedback