Thursday, April 05, 2012 10:01 PM
I installed the Beta to take a look at it. Setup an ODBC database connection to a database and ran a query, worked just fine. After I was finished taking a look at it, uninstalled it from my workstation, now Visual Studio 2010 will connect to the same data source, using the same DNS, but when preforming any queries on tables that have data, VS stalls at retrieving data. This requires me to end task.
I did a repair on the installation, and SP1. That did not resolve the issue.
I then uninstalled all 2010, 12 installations, deleted folders, cleaned registry and removed appdata files. I then did a fresh install, service pack, and update. Same issue.
I reinstalled all runtime, and database files, and the issue still persists.
I even tried to reinstall the beta to see if it went away but now that one stalls as well.
Bing/Google searches did provide any insight, so turning to the forum, which I couldn't find a comparable solution.
Does anyone have any ideas for this installation?
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit,
Hardware i7, 8 GB Ram Latitude 6520.
Friday, April 06, 2012 8:45 AM
What 2012 uninstalled ?
do you mean SQL Server 2012 is uninstalled or Visual Studio 11 uninstalled ?
Which Database Servce you are using ?
Please clarify your question.
Friday, April 06, 2012 1:07 PM
Yes, my mistake. with 2012, I was referring to the Visual Studio 11 Beta.
This particular database is an ODBC connection to SQLBASE 11.5 database.
I can still query with other applications so the Run time appears to be working correctly.Thanks for the quick answer.
Additional Information. VS just stays at this status when running any query. I have to end the task to close it out.
Friday, April 06, 2012 7:11 PM
Update: Got it working slightly. I have to do a query in on a SQL Server first before doing anything in the ODBC connection, then it works without error.I wonder if there could be a fix for this.
Monday, April 09, 2012 3:43 PMModerator
Please try to disable LLMNR on client computer:
Group Policy = Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Network\DNS Client\Turn off Multicast Name Resolution. (Enabled = Don't use LLMNR, Disabled = Use LLMNR)
I'm referring to:
Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager
Monday, April 09, 2012 6:18 PMI will try that and get back to you. I have had to try to completely uninstall again because when trying to build a silverlight business application the RIA services and Business template were missing. Couldn't seem to uninstall service pack one without having the main install removed. Seeing if this will fix the installation. Really hoping to get back to work soon.
Tuesday, April 10, 2012 3:00 PM
I tried that fix suggested and it did not resolve the issue. I reverted.
The work around seems to be opening the SQL query first, almost as it needs to initialize the designer. It is weird.