Friday, August 10, 2012 5:02 PM
UNKNOWN ERROR Please go to the Visual Studio Express Forums with help troubleshooting this error. Please provide the following information below:
Referring URL: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vsreg/default.aspx?rel=vs2008
I have been trying to get my registration key, and after several attempts I still cannot do so.
Saturday, August 11, 2012 1:08 AMHave you tired creating a new Windows Live ID and attempting to register with it? I would try this first.
- Edited by gungan37 Tuesday, August 14, 2012 3:33 AM Corrected typo.
Monday, August 13, 2012 3:36 AMModerator
Please try the following steps which are quoted from this caseto see if they are helpful:
- Try another default browser - like Firefox
- Make sure your internet proxy settings are configured correctly
- Try disabling any antivirus/internet security software while you try to register.
- Try resetting all the IE security settings to default (even if it's not your default browser).
- Make sure you are signed in with the correct email account that you have a Live ID with. If you're signed in with a different account, then it won't work.
In addition, would you consider choosing the offline registration installation which does not require a registration key? You can get it here: http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/2008-editions/express and choose the "All – Offline Install ISO image file".
Vicky Song [MSFT]
MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
- Marked As Answer by Vicky SongModerator Monday, August 20, 2012 4:02 AM