Saturday, February 25, 2012 6:52 PM
New to Visual Studio and Windows phone development and have tried to install the Visual Studio windows SDK 7.1 from here - http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=27570
The install proceeds until it asks me to restart my machine, when I do the install attempts to continue but appears to get stuck and eventually I get the following error:
Setup could not install the following components:
Microsoft Windows phone developer resources
And here is the log from the error on Skydrive:
Sunday, February 26, 2012 2:26 PMHi draffodx, you could try using this tool from this blog post and after that run the WP SDK 7.1 installer and see if the tool has helped or not.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012 5:24 AMModerator
Welcome to the MSDN forum.
You can try these suggestions:
- Repair Visual Studio 2010 in Control Panel.
- Reapply Service Pack 1 of Visual Studio 2010.
- Download ISO file of Windows Phone SDK 7.1 from: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=226694
- Extract ISO file to your hard disk.
- Complete or dismiss Windows Updates before installation
(but turn on Windows Update service).
- Clean up your “%temp%” folder
- Check if there are any anti-virus or antispyware
applications running. Make sure they are turned off during installation.
- Run the setup file with Administrator privileges:
Right-click the installer > Run as administrator.
If the problem still exists after these steps, could you please collect the fresh loga for me?
- Download and run the Log Collection Tool: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e0da314f-6216-4a18-bc6b-7d29cf83af20&displaylang=en
- Upload the vslogs.cabfile located in %temp%
folder to an open website like Windows Live SkyDrive or send it to me (E-mail:
Note: Please attach the link of this post in the mail.
If you have any other problems, please feel free to let me know.
Alexander Sun [MSFT]
MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
Thursday, March 08, 2012 4:36 PM
Just some info...
Web Platform Installer fails to install Windows Phone SDK without telling whats wrong.
The downloadable installer however, told me that LightSwitch had to be uninstalled...
Thursday, March 08, 2012 9:43 PM
Thanks for the info, I have tried all of the above and I am not getting a different error
could not install windows phone sdk7.1 assemblies
Like to new log is here -https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=04f26166e827de68&resid=4F26166E827DE68!193&parid=4F26166E827DE68!132&authkey=!APNKohkBY7RXKLY
Is this to do with my Visual Studio install?