Thursday, March 24, 2011 1:55 PM
What is prefered install order of those - Windows SDK first or VS first ?
Saturday, March 26, 2011 7:07 AMModerator
Welcome to the MSDN Forum.
As far as I know, there is no absolute install order of the Windows SDK and Visual Studio. You can try to install them first, and if there are any problem happens, you can post the issue in the forum to get more dedicated support.
Before the installation, please finish the steps below first:
- Turn off your anti-virus/antispyware software during installation;
- Install the latest Windows updates from the Windows Update site: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com;
- Complete or dismiss Windows Update before installation. (And don't forget to turn it on later)
- Clean your %temp% folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%)
And remember run the setup with Administrator privilege: right-click the installer -> Run as administrator.
If you have any concerns, please feel free to let me know.
Andrew Wu [MSFT]
MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
- Marked As Answer by Andrew.WuModerator Friday, April 01, 2011 7:46 AM
Saturday, August 11, 2012 9:06 PM
Actually, with VS2010 SP1 it does matter. Windows SDK won't properly install over VS2010 SP1 - it gets stuck on that compilers are of a newer version.