Wednesday, November 21, 2007 8:28 PMHi, i have downloaded VB8 but when i try to create a new form i get a error that tells me something like this:
registry access not allowed.
what can i do? i have tryed to install Windows Resource Kits and created a file inside there and named it:
and with this content:
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VisualStudio.vbproj.9.0 /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VisualStudio.vbproj.9.0 /grant=users=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VisualStudio.vbproj.9.0 /grant=system=f
can you help me?
Tuesday, February 09, 2010 1:14 AMHello ynkey. I had the same problem, and I tried that to but it didnt work, so I tried and tried and eventually I found a manual fix, you can fix it by doing the following:
1. Enable the default Administrator account if your on Windws 7, otherwise it should already be enabled
2. Log on the default Adminstrator
3. Navigte to the location you have VB8 installed, and right click the folder
4. Select Properties
5. Under the security tab press Edit
6. Add all permissions to your username, or all users.
7. Hit apply, and log back on to your normal account.
It should now work, as I said I to had this problem and I was very very angry I couldent fix it. And next time if you have an issue that you can not seem to find a fix for, try just messing with some settings, that will usually get you an answer.
If this does not work, or you have any problems, msg me: email@example.com
- Proposed As Answer by CommonHelper Tuesday, February 09, 2010 1:14 AM