Wednesday, May 09, 2012 4:41 PM
I tried to build a simple Maya 2012 plugin. I have copied the 3 files (MayaPluginWizard.ico, MayaPluginWizard.vsdir, MayaPluginWizard.vsz) to vcprojects and the folder MayaPluginWizard to the VCWizards under the MVS10.0.
However, when i restarted the VS10.0, and tried to create a new MayaPluginWizard project, the status bar first said it's creating and then it failed. Also After this creation window is prompted, after I hit OK, there no subsequent setting option window showing up.The following are instructions given in the guide to do the Maya API.To install and run the Maya plug-in wizard do the following:
- Unzip the MayaPluginWizard2.0.zip file.
- Copy the following files to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9\VC\vcprojects directory:
- Copy the outerMayaPluginWizard directory to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9\VC\VCWizards.
There should be a MayaPluginWizard directory within a MayaPluginWizard directory after this step.
- Start Microsoft Visual Studio 9 and invoke File -> New -> Project -> Visual C++ Projects and select MayaPluginWizard.
- Enter a name and solution name and select the OK button.
- Fill in the information for the Plug-in setup screen and then select the Plug-in type and Included libraries links to also enter the required information.
- The project will be created and then the solution can updated and built.
- Select menu item Build -> Configuration Manager...
- In the Active Solution Platform list box, select <New...>
- In the new platform box, select x64 and then close the window. You can now build the plug-in as 64 bit.
- Moved by Jack Zhai - MSFTMicrosoft Contingent Staff Monday, May 14, 2012 3:37 AM Not a VS debugger issue. (From:Visual Studio Debugger)
Friday, May 11, 2012 2:36 AM
Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.
I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum about this issue, since this forum is to discuss The Visual Studio Debugger tool.
Based on your description, it is related to the Maya Plugin, maybe you could post this issue http://forum.cgpersia.com/plugins-maya/ for better support. Thanks for your understanding.
Jack Zhai [MSFT]
MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us