Discuss using Visual Studio for automation testing - including the new CodedUI tests for Visual Studio 2010.
Code First API Library, Scaffolding & Guidance for Coded UI Tests–Released to Codeplex
The purpose of Code First API Library, Scaffolding & Guidance for Coded UI Tests is to help you write more maintainable Coded UI tests for your web apps. When building Web UI Tests the way that's proposed here - you aren't going to be recording test scripts nor building UI Maps. Instead, you'll be writing Page Objects that are interacting with the elements on the page.
Coded UI Test Plugin for Silverlight
Using the Microsoft Visual Studio UI Test plugin for Silverlight, you can create Coded UI Tests or action recordings for Silverlight applications. Action recordings let you fast forward through steps in a manual test using Microsoft Test Manager. Coded UI Tests let you record actions, generate code and play back user interface tests using Microsoft Visual Studio.
This plugin supports Silverlight 4 & 5 applications hosted in Internet Explorer versions 8, 9 & 10. It requires Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 RC.
A few members of the product team got together and built this plugin as an off-hours project. It is not an official Microsoft release. We will monitor the Qand A section on the Visual Studio Galley site for feedback and queries.
For more details and to download the plugin visit VisualStudio Gallery.
Deepak Singhal, Mathew Aniyan, Siddhartha Pandey, Tapas Sahoo, Vishnupriyan Radhamanalan.
This Forum Has Been Retired
Content Index for Coded UI TestYou can see a list of articles related to Coded UI Test (organized into various sections) in the link below.
It is a great place to start your exploration of Coded UI Test feature.
Introducing Cross Browser Testing with Coded UI Tests
Coded UI Tests help automate browser based applications built on Internet Explorer. We are now enabling cross-browser testing of such applications. Users will be able to perform functional testing of web applications across IE/Firefox/Chrome. One can use IE to record tests and validate control properties using Coded UI Test Builder. Users also have an option to hand code cross browser tests. If user needs to playback on IE, she can click on Run All in Test Explorer which plays back the recording using Coded UI inbuilt IE Plugin. On the other hand, if the user needs to playback on non-IE browser, she can set BrowserWindow.CurrentBrowser as “firefox” or “chrome” in the test depending on which browser she wants to test before running from the test explorer. In this case, Coded UI Engine communicates with Selenium Web Driver to execute the playback.
Hope you like this feature. Feel free to drop your feedback here
- Operating System: Windows 8 X86 Client/Windows 8 X64/Win7 X64/Win7 X86/Win2k8 R2 SP1
- IE version - IE9/ classic IE10
- Firefox version - 15+
- Chrome version - 21+
- Visual Studio Ultimate - VS 2012 RTM + VS 2012 Update 1 CTP
- Selenium NET Bindings and the Selenium ChromeDriver made available to you through an installer on Visual Studio Gallery. Refer to the file attachment "CUIT Cross Browser Testing Acquisition" for more details
The following features are available across the various web browsers:
- Recording support for actions and validation on supported IE browsers
- Hand-coding scenarios support for such things as control properties, search, and playback waiters.
- Support for popups and dialog
- Search resilience (via smart match) and performance improvements
- No support for Safari browser
- Browser launch needs to be part of the UITest. In case you have a browser already open and you want to run steps on the opened browser, playback will fail for non-IE browser windows. Hence, it is advisable to have launch too as part of the test case.
- Automating browser based actions such as Maximize/minimize/restore is not supported
Enable HTML Logger - follow http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj159363.aspx
Please fill in the survey to register your feedback on this feature: https://s.zoomerang.com/s/CrossBrowserTesting. Your feedback will help us plan for further enhancement to the cross browser feature.
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 102426GLimbaugh Friday, September 21, 2012 5:41 PM
- 71843RajYogi Friday, December 07, 2012 6:18 AM
- 111438WPFASL Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:31 PM
"Unable to load the test container" error while running coded ui tests on the nightly build from TFSshadhana Friday, December 23, 2011 2:34 PM
- 21138Wayne.Wu Wednesday, December 19, 2012 5:42 AM
- 11077totta wang Wednesday, December 19, 2012 7:26 AM
- 34969Vijaya Chavvakula Wednesday, March 24, 2010 3:08 PM
- 41242chandu.k Wednesday, December 12, 2012 6:08 PM
- 41194anu2011 Friday, December 14, 2012 9:04 AM
- 61109OneHip51 Tuesday, December 11, 2012 11:16 PM
- 31037OneHip51 Thursday, December 13, 2012 12:54 AM
- 54967Chuck Reynolds Thursday, August 12, 2010 5:33 PM
- 121055Wayne.Wu Tuesday, December 04, 2012 6:11 AM
- 41255Wayne.Wu Tuesday, December 18, 2012 1:29 AM
- 9957Saini Ankur Monday, December 10, 2012 11:25 AM
- 71126Saini Ankur Monday, December 10, 2012 12:36 PM
- 35693NuxMan Saturday, May 08, 2010 9:38 AM
- 21167Shailesh Anand Friday, December 14, 2012 12:58 PM
- 44128d.ram Wednesday, April 20, 2011 5:22 AM
- 71194ThisGoodThing Monday, December 10, 2012 2:24 PM