Tuesday, July 14, 2009 10:08 AM
1. Is it ok if I change the service's user identity from NetworkService to a domain user? of course it will have lowered privileges
2. I wish to use DB for cluster configuration, but the connection string is stored as plain text. Is there support for config section encryption?
3. Does velocity support using Oracle as the configuration store? Say if I migrate the tables and SPs myself, and change the connection string, will velocity code be able to use the oracle DB? or is there hard-coded sql connection uses / sql-specific db parameters usage?
Thanks in advance,
Wednesday, July 15, 2009 5:39 AMHi Ido,
1) It is OK to change it to Domain user, but make sure that this user is having permissions to Config store (Network-share or database)
2) We encourage to use the Windows Integrated Secutiy in the connection string (something like "Data Source= <myMachine>;Initial Catalog=<test>; Integrated Security=true) which does not require any encryption. But if you do not use Windows Integrated security then it will use plain text.
3) Velocity CTP3 supports SQL server database only
- Marked As Answer by Ankur Agrawal-MSFTModerator Thursday, July 16, 2009 8:53 AM
Monday, February 13, 2012 6:20 PMI saw this post. Is it still the case that Velocity only supports SQL server?