Thursday, February 14, 2008 11:53 PM
I need help with this message I keep getitng when visiting a site that I have always frequent, and never before received this message. I actually have been getting this type of error message randomly, and it just shuts closes out my IE. Im not very computer literate so I'm kinda hoping someone can help me solve this. The message I'm referring to now states:
Microsoft Visual C + + Debug Library
Debug Assertion Failed!
Program: C:\programfiles\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C + + documentation on asserts.
(press retry to debug the application)
No matter what I try I get a runtime error and the Explorer closes out.
Please help ??
Friday, February 15, 2008 6:05 PM
I'm guessing that this site has downloaded an ActiveX control to your browser, and the ActiveX control is buggy. The error is typical of a heap corruption problem.
Friday, February 15, 2008 6:27 PM
Thanks Brian for your reply. There is an ActiveX control in my Add-Ons, some Shockwave by Adobe Systems. I'm not home at the moment so can't remember the exact name.
Anyhow, if I delete this ActiveX from my Add-Ons, do you think that will help me in visiting this site again?? Like I said before I have always visited this site and never had to upload or install anything.
A friend of mine who frequents this site (projectplaylist.com) says that it uses an Adobe FlashPlayer, he thnks that I may have to delete and re-install the Adobe FlashPlayer... not sure if I even know how to do that.
But I thank you again for your reply.
Monday, February 18, 2008 2:57 AM
I think there may have been an issue with the actual site. I have been able to stay on the website now. I didn't delete anything or re-install anything.
Thanks again Brian for posting back.
Thursday, March 20, 2008 6:36 PMI had the same problem. Went to Microsoft and found out that it could be because of add-ons in Internet Explorer 7. As instructed I went to "Start", "All Programs", "Accessories", "System Tools" and then clicked on Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons}. When I restarted Internet Explorer I had no Add-Ons. Everything worked fine. You can go back to Internet Explorer and click on "Tools" and then click "Manage Add-Ons". From there you can Enable any of the add-ons by highlighting the add-on and then clicking Enable. Start adding an add-on at a time until you get the problem again, then disable that add-on. Worked for Me.