Friday, February 10, 2012 1:04 AM
This seems a bit odd, however I refreshed my data sources to include additional items from the SQL Server databases and it appears that my entire data source from my VB.NET project disappeared. I am using Entity Framework. I may have clicked on something wrong, not quite sure. Unfortunately I can't recreate the Data Source without creating a new Entity and Data Model. I can delete the entry in the App.Config file and recreated it, however things aren't quite right. Is there a way that I can recreate my Data Source from the entry that is in my App.Config file...since that appears to have remained intact. I am a bit puzzled on why it happened and what I can do to recover from it.
BTW, I can go to my Data Model and successfully refresh from there, however my project isn't connecting to the database so I have quite a number of errors until I can get reconnected.
Thanks in advance!
Monday, February 13, 2012 6:04 AMModerator
Welcome to the MSDN form.
It is strange. So would you like to share the way you refresh the data source and what data source it is? At the same time, Please show the version of VS2010 (Express, Ultimate or Professial version) and SQL Server (2005 or 2008). I’ll try to use these information to reappear your issue.
You also can try to fix your issue by creating a new project and adding you code to the new project.
I look forward to your reply.
Mark Liu-lxf [MSFT]
MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
- Edited by Mark Liu-lxfModerator Thursday, February 16, 2012 7:19 AM make reply clearer
Wednesday, February 15, 2012 12:50 PMplease post version of VS2010 and SQL Server.....
Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:16 PM
Sorry, I didn't see that anyone replied to this until now. I ended up deleting the model and rebuilding it. It didn't take as long as I thought it would. So far, no more issues after numerous refreshes.
We are using SQL2008.
- Marked As Answer by Sophist4u Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:16 PM
Thursday, May 31, 2012 6:49 PM
I see that this is an old post, but maybe this will help someone else.
I have seen it happen where something has caused the datasource to inexplicably disappear from the Data Sources tab, creating numerous errors in the project, but the datasource .xsd can still be seen in the Solution explorer. In that case, right-click the .xsd and exclude. Then right-click and include the .xsd.
In my cases, this has corrected the issue without having to redo anything.