Friday, September 21, 2012 9:23 PM
Can someone give me exact steps on how to correctly package a Windows Store app for sideloading from the command line?
Second how do you actually perform the sideloading on a machine that does not have VisualStudio installed?
- Moved by Rob CaplanMicrosoft Employee, Moderator Friday, September 21, 2012 10:05 PM (From:Building Windows Store apps with C# or VB )
Friday, September 21, 2012 9:37 PM
first create package:
- right click on the project in visual studio
- store -> create app package.
- choose not to upload it for to the store.
- copy the package (a folder) to the test machine.
- run the powershell script thats included
Friday, September 21, 2012 10:02 PM
I am aware of how to create a package from the VisualStudio GUI.
What I am looking for is the instructions on how to create the equivalent package and powershell script from the command line.
Friday, September 21, 2012 10:31 PM
ohh i thought talking about how then to install.
- Marked As Answer by Tom Spilman Saturday, September 22, 2012 12:06 AM
Saturday, September 22, 2012 12:06 AM
That strangely seems to work!
It seems the "/p:OutDir" is the key part that forces it to generate the AppPackages folder. Does anyone know why that is? Can I do the same thing using DevEnv instead of MSBuild?