Friday, March 09, 2012 2:17 AM
I want to change the account of developer license and I have tried the following steps in PowerShell:
It prompted me a dialog to fill the password with the same account.
But I want to change the account too. How to do this?
Thank you very much for replying.
Tuesday, March 13, 2012 12:29 AMModerator
well unfortunately, the powershell cmdlets do not take a user account as a parameter. What you can do is something like the following:
1. Go to the charms on the right hand side by hovering the mouse all the way to right hand corners or push Windows Key + C.
2. Click on settings | More PC Settings
3. Under your account click on Connect. Specify some live or hotmail account etc.
4. after you Finish the above process, go back to powershell and type in Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration. For me, the account login used the old address that my previous licenses were using. If that happens under your scenario then go through the following steps
5. go back to your account settings in step 3 and click on Disconnect
6. Now go re-run the Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration cmdlet, it should now prompt you for Name and password instead of just pre-filling in the name.
- Marked As Answer by Brightzml Tuesday, March 20, 2012 3:02 AM
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 3:02 AMThanks a lot. It works!