Wednesday, May 09, 2012 5:43 AM
I had developed an metro apps using vs2011 beta consumer preview???
How i can test metro apps using Microsoft APP certification kit???
When i tried with this kit,it only shows inbuilt metro apps which is avilable with windows 8??
How i can add/display my app in this kit???
ANybody knows reply as soon
Wednesday, May 16, 2012 1:47 AM
Once the app is deployed, it should be displayed in the WACK dialog if not, try the following:
1. Right click on the project node in the Solution Explorer
2. Store -> Create App Package
3. Select the option for creating local package, not uploading it to the store
4. You must select Release + the current runnable configuration (e.g. Release(x64) for 64 bit machines)
6. When the package is created, click the button "Launch Windows App Certification Kit"
At this point VS should launch WACK. Results will be stored to an xml file.
Thank you for using VS 2011 Beta,
Thursday, May 17, 2012 11:34 PMModerator
if your metro app is not showing up in the appcertkit, there is a known issue. Here is the workaround for that issue:
- Open a powershell window
- Do a “Get-AppxPackage > out.txt”
- Open out.txt and look at InstallLocation field of all the apps installed.
- For the apps whose InstallLocation is blank, do a “Remove-AppxPackage <packageFullName>”
re-run the appcert kit to see if your metro application shows up in the list.