Wednesday, August 03, 2011 3:02 PM
For a user with Readonly rights - using Web Access it seems they are not able to scroll in the Description text in the Details tab of a Work Item.
Would this be correct behavior? The only way to see the entire Description is to scroll down in the Tasks History to read when the Description was entered. Even doing this doesnt work well because formatting is skewed.
Wednesday, August 03, 2011 10:41 PM
Are you referring to the work item in work item only view in TWA? => http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc668124.aspx If so, what you are descibing is not the expected behavior?
1. Can you confirm that this is the behavior for all users with the same permission?
2. Is the behavior the same if the work items are accessed from Visual Studio?
Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
Friday, August 05, 2011 1:00 AMModerator
Thank you for your post!
According to your description of the issue, there are some situations i want to clarify from you:
1. Whether you add users to "Readers" group?
2. Whether the other members in the same group meet the same issue?
3. Whether meet the same issue while viewing other work item description?
I have assumed a scene to simulate this issue as follow:
1. I used TFS2010.
2. I add a user to "Readers" group at project-level.
3. The result is i can view work item description use scroll bar both in vs2010 and web access.
Would you please try it again with another user account or another work item, or could you tell me more setting details about your TFS, VS, permissions for me to simulate issue closer to this issue.
I am looking forward to get more information to reproduce the issue.
I hope this post will give some help in resolving this issue. If anything is unclear, please free feel to let us know.
Lily Wu [MSFT]
MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.