Sunday, August 19, 2012 3:47 PM
I Am applying Process Templates for all the projects within TFS. WE have created a sample Template(Bug, Unit Testing and so on) and want to know how to apply the sample template settings to all the projects in TFS in a single attempt. Please let me know if anyone has workaround for the same.Regards.
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 8:53 AMModerator
Thanks for your post!
Please refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2212738
Please feel free to let me know if it works!
Cathy Kong [MSFT]
MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
- Edited by Cathy KongMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Tuesday, August 21, 2012 8:53 AM
Thursday, August 23, 2012 8:04 PM
I believe you are asking how to "deploy" the template mods to multiple projects, not "how to edit them"
We use a build process to deploy the process template to the needed projects. This is outlined in the TFS 2010 Book. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0470943327?ie=UTF8&tag=blankenship-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0470943327
He talks about this on Page 286
Here is more info:
- Edited by Gavin Stevens Thursday, August 23, 2012 8:07 PM
Friday, August 24, 2012 5:09 PM
Thanks for your reply. Shall try the option outlined in the TFS 2010 Book. Shall update upon implementation.
Tuesday, August 28, 2012 5:17 PM
I did not had the TFS 2010 book. I tried :
1. Create new Work Item's using Process Editor --> Work Item Types --> Export WIT(from Existing Demo app which has templates).
2. Apply Work Item's to a template and Upload the template using Process Tempalate Manager and make it default.
3. Create new project using wizard and apply the newly created template. It works for new project.
Now I am in the process of trying out/figure out how to apply for existing projects.
Thank you for your help/support.