Team Foundation Server has multiple tools for migrating data from other systems, as well as the TFS Integration Platform which can be used to build tools that connect other systems to TFS. This forum is the place to discuss issues hit during migration, ask questions about building tools, and propose new features for the platform.
TFS Integration Tools March 2011 Release available on Visual Studio Gallery
The latest release of the TFS Integration Tools is available for download from http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/f854dd59-8eeb-4673-8d9a-ae012989bfa2.
List of Partner Tools for migrating/integrating with TFS available
In addition to the TFS Integration Platform and Tool and the VSS Converter available from Microsoft, there are also a good number of third party tools and solutions for migrating from various platforms to TFS. Check out the list at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/bb840033.aspx?ppud=4
New Forum for TFS Migration and Integration
Welcome to the new forum for TFS Migration and Integration. For a long time, we have had no home for questions related to offerings such as the VSS Converter, ClearCase Migration Tool for TFS, as well as general questions about our tools, partners, and service offerings. This forum is intended to be the home for questions related to all of these things.
Something this forum is not intended to support are questions related to upgrading between TFS versions. For those questions, the TFS General (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/tfsgeneral/threads) or TFS Setup (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/tfssetup/threads) forums are your best bets.
TFS Integration Tools – Where does one start?
Willy-Peter Schaub has written the first in a series of blog posts on getting started with the TFS Integration Tools: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/willy-peter_schaub/archive/2011/05/11/tfs-integration-tools-where-does-one-start-part-1.aspx
This first post address the documentation that is available and where to find it.
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 126christian_v 9 hours 20 minutes ago
- 139grassdan Thursday, May 23, 2013 12:03 AM
When migrating WIT one-way to an new, un-used project, should the ID numbers be different in the destination project?Dave Galvez Wednesday, May 22, 2013 6:30 PM
- 237Moital Thursday, May 23, 2013 6:10 AM
- 246Moital Wednesday, May 22, 2013 3:34 PM
How do I identify all renamed files or folders in Version Control so migration can be completely unblocked?Dave Galvez Tuesday, May 21, 2013 3:23 PM
- 375Jon Doyle Tuesday, May 21, 2013 1:45 PM
- 296ACKH Friday, May 17, 2013 9:45 AM
- 142MrRocketMonkey Tuesday, May 21, 2013 4:43 PM
- 143Mohamed (Moe) Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:10 PM
- 277RonSuliteanu Thursday, May 16, 2013 3:53 PM
- 295Keith Tuomi Wednesday, May 15, 2013 10:14 PM
- 22680daveh_moldev Friday, November 11, 2011 8:29 PM
- 5100GiddyUpHorsey Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:04 AM
- 9139Edward Tao Friday, May 10, 2013 9:55 AM
- 169Rahman Syed Friday, May 17, 2013 1:17 AM
- 3443ISa_MSDN Wednesday, March 06, 2013 4:40 PM
- 57295Rafael Veronezi Wednesday, June 06, 2012 7:10 PM
- 170Mat_one Friday, May 17, 2013 9:34 AM
- 5120cpalani Thursday, May 09, 2013 3:55 PM