Monday, May 21, 2012 3:55 PM
I am getting the following errors when I open SSDT:
Error 2 The OutputPath property is not set for project 'WBPM.sqlproj'. Please check to make sure that you have specified a valid combination of Configuration and Platform for this project. Configuration='Debug' Platform='BNB'. You may be seeing this message because you are trying to build a project without a solution file, and have specified a non-default Configuration or Platform that doesn't exist for this project. c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets 483 9 WBPM
Error 1 The OutputPath property is not set for project 'WBMD.sqlproj'. Please check to make sure that you have specified a valid combination of Configuration and Platform for this project. Configuration='Debug' Platform='BNB'. You may be seeing this message because you are trying to build a project without a solution file, and have specified a non-default Configuration or Platform that doesn't exist for this project. c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets 483 9 WBMD
I believe I am running a clean build as I did not have Visual Studio installed beforehad. Also, apologies if I went about importing 2 databases into the solution / project the wrong way as I initially tried selecting both Databases from the SQL Server Object Explorer and then right clicking "Create New Project..." but I think this method is only avaiable when working on 1 database. I really cant remember how I got the other Database into the solution, but I must have imported it from the Solution Explorer and either right click Importing a Database or using the right click Add function. (I think its useful for you to see how people get into their mess!).
OK, both Projects in the Solution have their Properties / Code Analysis with the following Configuration: "Active (Debug)" and Platform "Active (any CPU)". I have come across this http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brandonwerner/archive/2010/03/14/the-nasty-visual-studio-platform-mcd-error-in-visual-studio-2010-rc.aspx and I am not sure if its the solution to my problem? Any opinions would be appreciatede? Do you think there are any dependency issues I need to take care of?
FYI, I installed my clean build of SSDT from following these procedures:http://sqlproj.com/index.php/2011/11/creating-an-administrative-install-for-ssdt/ as I reported an installation problem here http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ssdt/thread/f62836e6-e5d1-4d16-8c74-8ab07f5ee0b4/#f62836e6-e5d1-4d16-8c74-8ab07f5ee0b4
Many thanks and kind regards,
Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:55 PMOwner
I'm not able to reproduce this behavior as written. It sounds like you've identified a workaround by placing the projects in separate solutions. Please let me know if you have concrete steps for us to reproduce the issue or investigate it further.
Friday, October 05, 2012 1:26 PMI have this same problem, however I find that it goes away if you explicitly Build the solution (Menu Option Build/Build Solution).