I would like to start by assuring you that I really appreciate the Azure Sync Service and the way it fulfils my business needs.
I have noted that the "Data Sync" pane in the management portal has taken longer and longer time to open the more sync groups I create. Right now I have 9 sync groups in 4 different subscriptions.
The first time I noticed the problem was when I tried connecting on a 3G-connection, but I didn't post it as an issue since I could live with that. Now I have the same issue on a good (>10Mbps) Wifi-connection, and the only way I can use the Management Portal
is when plugged in via ethernet.
This is what happens:
When I click the "Data Sync"-pane, the "loading data synchronization options"-window starts showing. After around 10 seconds the subscriptions are shown on the left, but the window remains. After additionally 60 seconds, I get an error message: "An unexpected
error occured when executing the operation".
If I still try to click on any sync group I get an error telling me to restart the application. Restarting IE does not resolve the problem.
What worries me most is that right now "ethernet-loading" takes around 50 seconds, so with 2-3 more sync groups I am afraid I wont be able to use the Data Sync-features at all.
Hello, this problem has now come to a point where I am totally unable to manage one of my sync groups, even when i am on a LAN with 100Mbps.
The behavior has changed slightly, now when I click the "data sync"-pane the following happens:
after 8 seconds, the list of subscriptions are loaded on the left-hand side
After 73 seconds, the page stops loading and I am able to click into all sync groups except the one on the subscription that comes last in alphabetical order.
No error message is shown.
If I click on the Sync Server for the troubled sync group it says that the last live time is "N/A", Connection status is "never connected" and version status is "unknown". If I try to click on the log, it is empty. However, this sync groups has been syncing
data since February, so there should be lots history in the log.
Right now I have 10 subscriptions and 17 sync groups, and I am worried that if I add additional ones, I will lose access to another sync group.
Since the error is not exactly the same as the first I described, it might be a different issue. Problem still remains though, so a solutions is heavily appreciated.
If you happen to have a worker role deployed with remote desktop configured, you may try to connect to the worker role and try the portal there to see if there are any differences. (don't get me wrong, I'm not try to oversell a compute instance :))
There has been a confusion due to a sync agent with the same name in two different subscription, so it seems that I am now actually able to access all my sync groups!
I have also made some tests with low bandwidth (~2Mbps) and it seems that the timeout has been increased because although it takes almost 3 minutes to load the sync groups, at least I am able to work with sync groups as expected.
So in this thread, there are no open issues for me.
Marked As Answer byJoel SWednesday, April 18, 2012 11:20 AM