I have a Data Sync Group that cannot be removed. It throws the next message when I try to remove it:
Cannot remove this sync group because one or more databases are currently provisioning, re-provisioning, de-provisioning, canceling sync or synchronizing.
Tracing Id: 33c05acb-fe7f-485f-a8dc-d901052a3bb5
One of the databases in the sync group has been marked as "De-provision Failed".
I tried all the possibillities (including manually deprovisioning the databases with the DeprovisioningUtil tool). I tried droping the involved databases, recreating the databases and at the end I droped the involved SQL Azure servers that contains
the databases and nothing works. The data sync group still exists.
>> Cannot remove this sync group because one or more databases are currently provisioning, re-provisioning, de-provisioning, canceling sync or synchronizing.
Regarding to the error message and your description, seems you tried to remove sync group failed even you used DeprovisioningUtil tool. Based on my test, DeprovisioningUtil tool support manually clean up all objects by running the deprovisioning utility
from the same folder where the Data Sync Agent gets installed.
Based on my research, if you failed in your attempt to delete a sync group, the following can result in a failure to delete a sync group.
1. The client agent is offline. Be sure that the client agent is online then try again.
2. The client agent is uninstalled or missing.
If the client agent is uninstalled or otherwise missing:
1. Remove agent XML file from the SQL Data Sync installation folder if the file exists.
2. Install the agent on same/another on-premise computer, submit the agent key from the portal generated for the agent that’s showing offline.
3. The SQL Data Sync service is stopped.
1. In the Start menu, search on Services.
2. Click Services in the Programs section of the search results.
3. Find the SQL Data Sync Preview service.
4. If the service status is Stopped right-click the service name and select Start from the dropdown menu.
4. A database is offline. Check your SQL Database and SQL Server databases to be sure they are all online.
5. The sync group is provisioning or synchronizing. Wait until the provisioning or synchronizing process finishes then retry deleting the sync group.